Board index i2/i3 Technical discussion i2/i3 for GM vehicles i2030 taking over an hour to boot

i2030 taking over an hour to boot

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

Post Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:00 pm

I tried to apply a tune and the device never got past the i2 logo. I plugged it into my computer and came back an hour later and it was working. I installed the latest updates and it restarted. It's been about 40 minutes and its still on the logo.

I tried to login to the site to get support and my login would not work. Did a password reset and it never worked. I ended up registering using the same email again and it created an account like I had never used it before. I assume since it lost my login it also no longer has my device registered.
I did submit a support request and I am waiting on a response.

I couldnt fill out the S/N or version info since it has not booted yet. I purchased it in May 2017.

Any thoughts on why its taking so long to boot?

Lannie

Post Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:01 pm

I noticed when you first plug it in the screen flashes white for a second than to the i2 logo. I dont recall seeing it flash white like that before.

Lannie

Post Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:31 pm

Well color me purple. Now it boots in 30 seconds. I just did it 4 times in a row. Was it doing some kind of update maybe? I know I did a update after the first really long boot and that could cause a long delay.

Now I'm nervous to try and tune the truck with it. If it dies in the middle of a tune will it leave the vehicle unusable?
All I was going to do was add the new tire size.

Lannie

Post Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:28 pm

So I tried it again after letting it set for a long time. Back to stuck on the logo. Support has replied since then so once it finally boots I will send them the xml file.

Lannie

Post Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:09 am

thats odd, not sure what might be happening here, but we'll take care of it one way or the other.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

Return to i2/i3 for GM vehicles