2014 GMC 1500 Denali shifting issues

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

Maydaze

2014 GMC 1500 Denali shifting issues

Post by Maydaze »

I have a 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali with the 5.3 and 6 speed transmission. I have the i2 tuner. The second to third shift is way too soon, within 1-2 seconds. When in non-tow mode it shifts quickly up through the gears and doesn't hold the gear much more than 2200 rpms when driving normal. The truck seems to lug in every gear and you need to push on the pedal almost half way before it even thinks of downshifting. In tow mode it is better, but it just seems to upshift too soon. I see on the tuner 'Partial Throttle Pressure' adjustment, would this help to hold the gear longer or will it just make it firmer? I love the engine tunes, but the transmission needs help. I also wish there was a way to turn off traction control....All the way off!! Any insight on the annoying shifting is appreciated.
06MonteSS

Re: 2014 GMC 1500 Denali shifting issues

Post by 06MonteSS »

shift points are not changed at all in the preset canned tunes man.. upshifts, downshifts, etc. are all stock settings.. the preset TCM canned tunes only change shift pressure/firmness, and how quick it shifts.. shift points are not changed at all.. and you can not change them with the tool itself...

if you want part-throttle shift points changed, as well as many other things that will gain you even more performance/power/driveability improvements - you will need to get custom tuning done.. http://www.diablewtune.com -- and email me directly at: diablo DOT help AT gmail DOT com -- with your GM vehicle year, model, engine, tranny, any mods done to it, which diablo tool you have, etc.. and I can give you all the info, instructions, the process, etc. for what you'd need to do in order to get a custom tune done.

Thanks!
-Lew
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Maydaze

Re: 2014 GMC 1500 Denali shifting issues

Post by Maydaze »

Thanks Lew....I will get together all the information and send it to you. I need this hot rod to be it's best.