not happy

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

ffwatson21

not happy

Post by ffwatson21 »

this isnt my first post, probably wont be my last.
for the money we paid for these tuners, im more than unhappy.
where do i start?
updating issues, tire size/speedo . calibration issues, shift issues, throttle boost (but diablo says not to use it)
my last 2 issues are that 1. recently a friend put 87 octane in my truck (i have ran 91 with a diablo tune since i got the i2 over a year ago), ironically the truck runs better with 87 and it got 17.8 mpg vs 15.6 mpg for the past year. 2. no matter what speed and or rpm range im in, if i hammer the accelerator, it doesnt down shift into a low gear (like every other auto trans) it has a 2 sec delay and makes a sputter then goes to a lower gear, but not the gear it should.
this tuner was a complete waste of money and more importantly my time. im ready to throw the thing away because im sick of the i2 freezing and or not updating. the interface of the i2 is equal to a 2001 nokia cell phone. this is completely unacceptable.
please tell me im not the only one who is completely fed up and demands a better product????
with all the complaints on this forum, diablo sport needs to do something to make this right for ALL of their customers.
no offense to lew, but i bought this to be able to tune my truck. to get an answer like, "get a custom tune from lew" is unacceptable to me.
this tuner has legit not done a god damn thing for me except for being a complete pain in the ass.
stand up people. this was a waste of money
my tune from black bear, on my last truck, was 100 times better than having to deal with the i2 which is complete trash
ffwatson21

Re: not happy

Post by ffwatson21 »

on a side note, im not bill gates. asking me to copy files, etc isnt necessarily an easy task for me. if i knew how to navigate around a computer like diablo expects, id probably have my own program for tuning.
dont release the product until its ready to be plug and play
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

well for the record.. the diablosport preset canned tunes, do not change shift points at all Bill.. the only tranny stuff the canned tunes change is shift pressure and how quick it shifts up.. that's it..

no shift points are changed at all.. and absolutely nothing at all for downshifting is changed...

For updating it, you need to use the Ignition Updater program.. which you can download from here to your computer, and then install it - https://www.diablosport.com/downloads/ -- there is a Windows version and a Mac version..

You can also use WiFi on the intune itself and connect to your wifi network, and do updates through the intune itself.

Also for the record and to be fair.. 99% of people that have no issues at all, like myself, never post to SAY, hey thanks! no problems, this worked awesome! but you will always hear from the ones that have an issue... nobody is quick to praise, but yet all are quick to bash.... there are many more success stories out there, but like I say, nobody posts when they have no problems and everything works fine.. people only tend to post when they have a problem, so of course you would see more of those types of posts..

I myself have been using diablosports products on my own personal vehicles since 2006... 2006 Monte Carlo SS, 2012 Sierra, 2014 Camaro SS LS3, 2014 Cruze, 2016 Suburban, etc.. and have the Predator U7191, inTune i1000, Trinity T1000, inTune i2 i2030, inTune i3 8245 Platinum, Trinity T2 9245 Platinum.. and have NEVER had a single problem with any vehicle or any of the tools themselves.. everything has always worked perfectly for me... not a single issue..

Now, I also do use a Windows PC - which I run extremely lean and clean, with no crap software on it, no bloatware, no garbage, no games, totally secure, etc.. so my Windows PC is never an issue.. and I have never had any problems with anything.. no issues with any of the diablo tools I have, no issues with diablo's software, etc.. everything runs perfectly on my Windows PC, everything updates as is supposed to when I connect them and run the Ignition Updater program, etc...

and as mentioned, there are a lot more out there like me.. yet no one ever posts about that.. they only post to express their aggravation when something doesn't work for them... or if they don't know what they're doing and can't get it to work...

Sometimes, yes, there can be an issue with the software on a tool.. so that's why there are updates, to fix such issues.. and again, if you can't get the Ignition Updater program to run on your computer and update your inTune, then connect your inTune to your wifi and do the updates from the inTune itself.

-Lew
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
mikel

Post by mikel »

ffwatson21 wrote:this isnt my first post, probably wont be my last.
for the money we paid for these tuners, im more than unhappy.
where do i start?
updating issues, tire size/speedo . calibration issues, shift issues, throttle boost (but diablo says not to use it)
my last 2 issues are that 1. recently a friend put 87 octane in my truck (i have ran 91 with a diablo tune since i got the i2 over a year ago), ironically the truck runs better with 87 and it got 17.8 mpg vs 15.6 mpg for the past year. 2. no matter what speed and or rpm range im in, if i hammer the accelerator, it doesnt down shift into a low gear (like every other auto trans) it has a 2 sec delay and makes a sputter then goes to a lower gear, but not the gear it should.
this tuner was a complete waste of money and more importantly my time. im ready to throw the thing away because im sick of the i2 freezing and or not updating. the interface of the i2 is equal to a 2001 nokia cell phone. this is completely unacceptable.
please tell me im not the only one who is completely fed up and demands a better product????
with all the complaints on this forum, diablo sport needs to do something to make this right for ALL of their customers.
no offense to lew, but i bought this to be able to tune my truck. to get an answer like, "get a custom tune from lew" is unacceptable to me.
this tuner has legit not done a god damn thing for me except for being a complete pain in the ass.
stand up people. this was a waste of money
my tune from black bear, on my last truck, was 100 times better than having to deal with the i2 which is complete trash
While our goal is to create a product that fits the needs of countless customers, sometimes its not ideal for everyone, and thats OK.

If you are displeased with the product, please feel free to return it within our 30 day satisfaction guarantee window. This is exactly why we offer that option, as something you may realize after you have the product that its just not the right fit for you.

If you wish to use it and would like us to assist you, by all means we will get you sorted out. Thats why we have a staff of 20 techs here taking calls/emails, etc. We want to make sure that if you have questions or concerns about the product that we are here to help.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com