Error after Updating. No connection to PC or Vehicle

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

kerrslight

Error after Updating. No connection to PC or Vehicle

Post by kerrslight »

So I have the intune i2 and I was planning on returning to stock to return it to the dealer for some maintenance. I plugged the i2 into my computer, followed the steps to update. I was told I have 12 updates. The computer downloads everything and I got to the screen that said unplug the device and plug it back in to finish the update. The i2 loads up to the "Installer: Preparing" screen, but the problem is the computer would recognize it for a second, then it would disappear. This would happen every 2 seconds. The device stayed on the same screen, but I let it sit for an hour and it would appear and disappear from the computer every 2 sec. After a while, I got an error that said "Fatal Error: Device serial number cannot be determined". I'm not sure what happened during the install or what changed, but I would love some help trying to figure it out. Additionally, the device will no connect to my truck. I have attached the error to this post.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.