tune question

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

saleen9973

tune question

Post by saleen9973 »

I have a 2005 gto,I have been changing my tunes to try to get my wot dialed in. I have a wideband, I have my slope at -4 and my ltft is between 0 and -3. So i hit it WOT and my wideband says 14.4! wow super lean. I am on the 91 tune. I have CAI, longtubes, and a cat back with no cats. So i add 10% PE in both fields and get 11.4. I then change it to 8% and it goes to 11.9. So i do the math and figure i need 4% to be at around 12.6-12.8. So i set it and dang it goes to 14.0. I pull over and put it to 6% now wideband says 13.7 what the heck is going on? Why cant i get this dialed in? Does it have something to do with all the emissions parameters not being set? Maybe the fuel trims are not set yet and that is effecting PE? Should i drive for a day or so before i can expect a change in PE? Am i at my limits of this tuner and need to to a full tuning suite where i can play with the MAF?
saleen9973

Re: tune question

Post by saleen9973 »

Are my negative ltft somehow effecting my PE. Pulling fuel instead of just running off of the PE.
06MonteSS

Re: tune question

Post by 06MonteSS »

no.. negative trims do not affect PE at all.. . only if they are positive, then they add that percentage of fuel to the PE...

you need to modify the WOT/PE fueling table and add fuel if your wideband is correct...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net