i3 Platinum vs regular

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

kgry

i3 Platinum vs regular

Post by kgry »

2015 Silverado 5.3 here. Only mod is an air intake. Possibly getting an exhaust. I'll be purchasing the i3 soon. Is the only difference between the Platinum and regular the California restriction? Or can the Platinum perform more tuning options like telling it I have the air intake?
tantille

Re: i3 Platinum vs regular

Post by tantille »

The Platinum has the ability to tune multiple cars, if you purchase an extra license for each vehicle.
I just tuned my '07 Grand Prix GXP with the Platinum to the 93 Diablotune...car is MUCH more responsive and a noticeable difference in mid-range power!!!
Royd111

Post by Royd111 »

Platinum allows you install custom tunes (highly recommend a lewtune). Regular only does canned tunes
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

yeah, you want the inTune i3 8245 Platinum... it has more adjustments available, can do custom tuning, etc...

the regular i3 8200 can not do custom tuning, has limited adjustability/settings available..

I sell the inTune i3 and I also offer a package deal that includes my custom tuning at a discount so you'd save some $$. ;)

You can find info about it, as well as links to my Package Deals, Testimonials, Pricing, purchasing/ordering, etc. on my site here: http://www.diablewtune.com/package_deals.html

Here's a link to the inTune i3 User Manual so you can check it out: http://www.diablosport.com/content/uplo ... 0501-1.pdf

You can also email me directly at -- diablo DOT help AT gmail DOT com -- with the year, model, engine of your GM vehicle, any mods done to it, what octane gas you use, etc.. and I can send you a loooong email with info about the programmers, the custom tuning, the process, etc.

Thanks!
-Lew
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
kgry

Post by kgry »

I finally got the i3. One question before I start tuning. When does the backup occur? I haven't tried tuning anything yet. Does it automatically backup before installing a tune?

Also what's the difference between the 87 octane and Diablo tune? The octane rating?
mikel

Post by mikel »

Yes, it will save the backup by default when you go to load a tune.
Diablo tune is for premium fuel on the trucks.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
kgry

Post by kgry »

Interesting issue I'm having. I set the AFM to off and applied the tune. When I go back to modify parameters it says it's set to on. I drove around and didn't see it switch the V4 so I'm assuming it's off. Maybe just a glitch.
mikel

Post by mikel »

if you set it to off then load the tune, its off.
The device doesnt always know what value a param is set to and will often default to the ON value whether it is ON or OFF.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com