Intune i3 won't back up ecm file

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

jjones3348

Intune i3 won't back up ecm file

Post by jjones3348 »

I recently purchased the intune i3 platinum for my 2018 chevy 1500 with the 5.3. I followed the quick start guide and updated my device using the ignition updater. After updating and registering my device I attempted to tune my vehicle. No matter what tunein choose when it device goes to write my stock ecm information it fails and gives me and error saying "one or more ecu's in this vehicle requires an update prior to tuning. Please connect this i3 to ignition and download available updates." I attempted again to update the device but I am prompted my device is already up to date. Sent an email to tech support and attempted to call tech support no answer from either. Any information is helpful. Thanks -josh
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Royd111

Re: Intune i3 won't back up ecm file

Post by Royd111 »

lots of post on same subject. Here is the last one

https://forum.diablosport.com/viewtopic ... 62&t=68675
06MonteSS

Re: Intune i3 won't back up ecm file

Post by 06MonteSS »

Yep, normal.. 2017/2018/2019 vehicles require a special unlock sequence... so what will happen is, when you go to install a tune the first time, the tool will give you a message that "one or more controllers can not be tuned - Contacting powertech for vehicle unlock... you will be notified within 1-2 days" - or something similar to that effect.. so then in 1-2 days (usually within an hour though) you should receive an email (if you registered your tool on diablo's site) that your update is ready.. so then you'd run the Ignition Updater on the tool again, and it will update the tool with the unlock code for your ECM, and then you'd be able to tune the vehicle.
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net