i2 - SHIFT FIRMNESS OPTIONS, ETC

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

blackbeard6

i2 - SHIFT FIRMNESS OPTIONS, ETC

Post by blackbeard6 »

Howdy,

I'm tuning a 2014 GMC Sierra 5.3L

I tuned it with the 87 Octane tune and modified the shift firmness to "Firm" with AFM/DOD Off, +15 Throttle, and off I went to enjoy my wonderful new V8 power, and enjoyed it greatly.

However I updated the device about 2 hours later and should have done this prior, but it seems that the actual preset settings for "Soft, Firm, Hard" are now not there? I however changed this shit paramaters for partial to +5%, and WOT +10% and took her for a spin for what I enjoyed, but I was called back to the house by the wife after 5 minutes of joy riding and will continue my test run on my 45 mile ride to work tomorrow.

After I click the 87 Octane it wants to install, I install it and after go to modify parameters under advanced I believe and am not appointed the same options now? I must be missing something, but under TCM I was only given to open to modify the slider to + or - percentages. Was this changed in recent updates?

Additionally I added +50RPM at idle and neutral. I've always found that these options help smooth out idles. Out of curiosity - has anyone tried +100RPM?

Thanks!
blackbeard6

Re: i2 - SHIFT FIRMNESS OPTIONS, ETC

Post by blackbeard6 »

I'm wondering now if I'm in "Firm Shift" but actually raised the pressure values... Confused.

Also, still cannot find the "Soft, Firm, Hard" shit options under TCM..