Could it be a bad I3 out of the box? please help

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

steveo3318

Could it be a bad I3 out of the box? please help

Post by steveo3318 »

I got my new I3 today for my 2005 4x4 tahoe. My main reason for purchase was I swapped to 4.56 gears front and rear and 35" tires, "which are true to height"!!!

1rst issue is it accepts all parameter changes and saves them except the tire parameter. when I put 35.00 in, hit save, back out then go back in its back at 00.00. The main issue with this is my speedo is off by half or better, so 55 gps equals 25 on speedo. changing the tire size from 10.00 all the way to 50.00 has no effect as if its not recording the parameter change on a write.

2nd issue is it sets off my stabilitrak disabled light and flashes on the DIC constantly. I was told the I3 would not do this. The previous hypertech programmer circumvented this by me telling the ecm i had 4.10 gears and 30.75 tires and the speedo was dead nutz, "lots of trial and error" along with the Stabilitrak light off. This being said I understand GM has some thresholds to be within because they only offered the tahoe with a 4.10 max gear. but my I3 will not even get close nor will any changes help the speedo issue.

3rd on some loads the speedo goes crazy after startup and it will also throw the truck in a limp mode and not take fuel, not get over 5mph!!! This being said one tune was driving fine, then I decided to change the cooling fans on/off parameter, and started her up. it started going into limp mode again and I got frustrated and left it in the driveway and came in to research and write this.

I am by no means putting down the I3 as I myself am a programmer for Johnson controls, and write logic, algorithms, and scratch configurations every day for Building Automation Systems with 2 million dollar chillers, AHU's and Boilers daily. This doesn't mean I know how to tune a vehicle but I understand the concept.

If anyone could help me that would be huge. attached are my backup and last tune written from my tunes folder. This is the tune that keeps going into limp mode. Please let me know if I need to put it back stock and start over to get you a non corrupted file. Thanks guys

Jacob Hartwig
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mikel

Re: Could it be a bad I3 out of the box? please help

Post by mikel »

posted a fix in the other thread you posted in.
This is a bug thats being addressed.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
steveo3318

Post by steveo3318 »

Awesome. I will load it shortly. What is the correct procedures and will it be considered a custom file?
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

yes it will be imported/installed as a custom tune.
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
steveo3318

Post by steveo3318 »

Once imported or custom tuned will this disable me from ever changing other parameters? Shift points etc?
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

no.. you can still modify the custom tune just like any other preset tune...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
steveo3318

Post by steveo3318 »

just got off the phone with tech support and sent in two fresh clean files! apparently those above were corrupt not letting me reload the custom tune onto the I3. here are the clean files as well. Thanks guys. I hope to get the speedo issue resolved. maybe it will kill the stabiltrak issue as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mikel

Post by mikel »

you should have the new file back by now, let me know if that worked.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
steveo3318

Post by steveo3318 »

No file yet sir but I will keep a look out in my email. Thanks
steveo3318

Post by steveo3318 »

Hey mike. Just an update. No file this weekend but I really didn’t expect to see one after hours. The real update is the trucks running great on the last tune I sent other than the speedo. Please let me know when y’all shoot the new one to my email and thanks.
mikel

Post by mikel »

so, i see the issue, the backup from your tool is not stock...this will be an issue....any idea where the previous tune came from?
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
steveo3318

Post by steveo3318 »

I had an older hyper tech on it which I still have. I restored it back to stock from it before I loaded the i3 tune to it. I will check again shortly but I am positive I put it back stock from the hp3 because it even showed it was available to tune my other truck when I plugged it up. I can restore the i3 then restore the hp3 one more time. Or what’s your suggestions.
steveo3318

Post by steveo3318 »

I am getting the truck reflashed as we speak at the dealership per the phone call I received. I will shoot you the results and clean file as soon as I have it. Hopefully this gets rid of any corrupt files and allows the wheel size parameter to write.
mikel

Post by mikel »

Awesome, that should do it.
Not sure what that other device actually did, but the file it restored to your pcm is not stock ;)
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
steveo3318

Post by steveo3318 »

so 113 dollars later, and after watching the gm dealership install the gm factory tune in front of me we have the same exact issue!!!! Here is the new backup, and my last written file and info! Please let me know if this file will allow you to write to it.

Also on another note. I called the original purchaser of the truck from whom I purchased it from and he reassured me as a 78 year old he had no reason to tune the truck or put a programmer in it! Im hoping the HP3 just left a corrupt file behind that has now been removed by GM.

The wheel parameter still acts like its not saving the tire size I install.