Intermittent Stall/No Start Resets With Retune

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

Tsegreti

Intermittent Stall/No Start Resets With Retune

Post by Tsegreti »

As it States my 2001 chevy silverado 2500hd 6.0 la particularly on hills sputters and hesitates before stalling. Particularly uphill. But if I retune the vehicle it starts again. Do I need to add fuel increases? I plow so major problem. 87 octane tune.
mikel

Re: Intermittent Stall/No Start Resets With Retune

Post by mikel »

does it do this when stock as well?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Tsegreti

Post by Tsegreti »

mikel wrote:does it do this when stock as well?
Not sure.... good idea. I will check right now but it is so intermittent it's hard to get it to do it. Happened when I had diablo tune (91octane no ethanol) and timing solved it not in this case though. I'm cleaning my throttle body to rule out as well.
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

if it's very intermittent, doesn't do it every time, only once in a great while.. then it's not tune related... if it was the tune causing it, it would do it all the time, every time...

so, since it's not, then that points to an issue with your truck itself... not the tune...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Tsegreti

Post by Tsegreti »

06MonteSS wrote:if it's very intermittent, doesn't do it every time, only once in a great while.. then it's not tune related... if it was the tune causing it, it would do it all the time, every time...

so, since it's not, then that points to an issue with your truck itself... not the tune...
Ok thank you for that and yes I confirmed it did it on modified stock tune.

Question; while I have you, is the timing on the 87 as or nearly as jacked up as the 91? Because on the diablo tune I had to take back 2-3 degrees spark advance to stop knocking.
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

the Diablo Tune (the 91/93 octane tune), has higher timing settings than stock, meant for the higher octane gas... timing is set higher than the 87 tune...

The 87 octane tune uses mostly stock timing settings, it's just bumped up a little in the lower rpm's in the WOT area...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Tsegreti

Post by Tsegreti »

06MonteSS wrote:the Diablo Tune (the 91/93 octane tune), has higher timing settings than stock, meant for the higher octane gas... timing is set higher than the 87 tune...

The 87 octane tune uses mostly stock timing settings, it's just bumped up a little in the lower rpm's in the WOT area...

Ok it doesn't do it stock backup. It is the tuner. It Consistently when warm just bucks violently and dies even if I don't change anything.

Very concerned please help. Oh and it magically gives me like 10-30 minutes of good operation if I reset the tune when it stalls and won't start