Calibrate Average Fuel

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

baddog2010

Calibrate Average Fuel

Post by baddog2010 »

Is there a way to 'recalibrate' the Average Fuel setting on 2018 Silverado ?
I am aware of the 'reset/clear' option on the dash display. When I calculate fuel mileage manually its always 1.5 - 2 mpg less than the dash display. Its been like this since day 1. Before Diablo tune. No change after tune. But Diablo 87, AFM off tune did increase 1-2 mpg. Current Truck mileage 3500. Assume should be past break in learn stuff. I do same fill to neck each time, I dont round gallons. Vehicle claims 15.5-18 mpg avg, I get 15-16.5 manual. Same 25-30 mile drive daily. Did a 380 mile, 70-80 mph run and vehicle stated 20.1 mpg, manual 17.8, with stock tune, before Diablo tune, have not done another long mile run with Diablo tune. Any other mods to help mpg.
06MonteSS

Re: Calibrate Average Fuel

Post by 06MonteSS »

no.. that has nothing to do with the ECM/engine or TCM/tranny module... that is a functionality of the BCM/body control module.. can't do anything about that...

Keep in mind, Every time you install a tune (or disconnect the battery), all of the learned items like idle, airflow, fueling/fuel trims, emissions readiness tests, transmission shifting adaptives, etc. all get erased/reset... It takes days/150+ miles to be put on for everything to be relearned by the ECM/TCM and settle back in again...

and the mileage in the DIC will not be correct until probably a half or full tank has run through it, since the last time you installed/re-installed a tune...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
baddog2010

Re: Calibrate Average Fuel

Post by baddog2010 »

Reply to 06MonteSS.....

Did the Diablo tune at mile 21??, MPG/87, medium? Trans shift tune, then 1 tank later added AFM disabled. Thumbs up for the tune, made a completely different truck, thanks. Are there any BCM modifiers/tuners available to us people that 'actually drive' the vehicles?
Understand 'relearn' after changes. first 75-100 miles after tune was getting 2 -3 mpg (manual check) above what the BCM was reporting since has dropped 1.5-2 (manual check) below BCM claim. Manual check has always been 1.5-3 mpg lower than BCM claim.