I3 trouble

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

Silverado77

I3 trouble

Post by Silverado77 »

Long story short my original i3 was stolen while in for service. Bought a new one. Had tech write me a new new log so it will read my ecm with tunes on it. As far as I can tell I have it all back to stock. License =0 available = 1. When I hook up tuner and try to install tune its saying there are things on my truck it cant read or not compatible. I also got an unknown tcm error.
I'm not sure where to go now? I did go to chevy dealer to flash my tcm and they said it was stock. Do I reset the tuner for fresh install? Is there a way to read unknown tcm? Thanks
Josh
Last edited by Silverado77 on Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Silverado77

Re: I3 trouble

Post by Silverado77 »

I am attaching all files and the work that was done on this unit.
TCM_24245709_Backup.grg
info.xml
TCM__UnknownBackup.grg
CTRL_12671989_UPDATE_2GCEK13C581201906.grg
[attachment=0]ECM_12671989_Backup.grg[/attachment
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Silverado77

Post by Silverado77 »

Update.
This morning I took the truck to the dealership to have the ecm flashed. It came back as the ecm and tcm is stock and it wont allow to reinstall what is already there. So I'm at a loss for why the i3 intune says there was a previous diablo on it and return to stock.
Silverado77

Post by Silverado77 »

Has anyone who went to the dealership for reflash of ecm and Tcm been told that it already has same files and will not continue ? They told me whatever tool they are using won’t install files anyway. So I don’t get how people are getting theirs reflashed?
steveo3318

Post by steveo3318 »

your dealer is not helping very much. Go in and tell them you want it reflashed exactly as if you installed a brand new BLANK PCM.
steveo3318

Post by steveo3318 »

P.S. the guys will get back with you but it will be during regular business hours. they will post in the morning.
Silverado77

Post by Silverado77 »

Yeah I figured. I wanted to post all the info for them :)
AKesatie

Post by AKesatie »

Silverado77 wrote:Yeah I figured. I wanted to post all the info for them :)
We just need to make the same update file for the TCM like I sent for the PCM last week. I am working on that now, I should have it to you before the end of the day toady and sent via email :)
Silverado77

Post by Silverado77 »

AKesatie wrote:
Silverado77 wrote:Yeah I figured. I wanted to post all the info for them :)
We just need to make the same update file for the TCM like I sent for the PCM last week. I am working on that now, I should have it to you before the end of the day toady and sent via email :)
Sent in the diablobackup file you asked for last night.
Silverado77

Post by Silverado77 »

Mike,
After the reset, the tuner said one of the ecu's has been tuned by a diablo product and to return it back to stock. I sent the email to you but not sure if you got it. Im sure you where on your way out because it was past five. I appreciate your help on this. Im going to post up the original tcm back up grg file from the stolen tuner.

Josh
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mikel

Post by mikel »

Silverado77 wrote:Mike,
After the reset, the tuner said one of the ecu's has been tuned by a diablo product and to return it back to stock. I sent the email to you but not sure if you got it. Im sure you where on your way out because it was past five. I appreciate your help on this. Im going to post up the original tcm back up grg file from the stolen tuner.

Josh
hmm, no email from you, but load this to the i3 and let it import the file then load it to the truck to set the tcm back to stock.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Silverado77

Post by Silverado77 »

Thanks mike. I will give that a try when I get back to my truck.
Silverado77

Post by Silverado77 »

Mike it worked like a charm. Ecm and Tcm are back to normal and I am allowed to tune the the truck agian, Thank you so much for your work on this!

Josh