MPG on DIC

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

jamesacastro

MPG on DIC

Post by jamesacastro »

Does applying a tune change your Driver Information Center mileage accuracy? Mine seems to be 2 MPG off from hand calc. I would take the tune off and give it a look see but I love having it off too much.

Thank you.
06MonteSS

Re: MPG on DIC

Post by 06MonteSS »

yes.. it can take a while for that to be correct again, as a lot of things get reset whenever a tune is installed (or when battery is disconnected)
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
jamesacastro

Post by jamesacastro »

06MonteSS wrote:yes.. it can take a while for that to be correct again, as a lot of things get reset whenever a tune is installed (or when battery is disconnected)

Well son-a-mun-gun! I keep my intune as up to date as possible as such I’ll reflash to stock then re-tune after every update. So it looks like I’m not giving it enough time to fix itself.

I’ll not reflash for a few tanks or so and update.

Thanks Monte
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

you don't have to restore original backup and then retune the truck again every time bud, heh... there's no changes to the tunes on a tool update... no need to keep doing that...

Plus, Every time you install a tune (or disconnect the battery), all of the learned items like idle, airflow, fueling/fuel trims, emissions readiness tests, transmission shifting adaptives, etc. all get erased/reset... It takes several days/150+ miles to be put on for everything to be relearned by the ECM/TCM and settle back in again....

so stop doing that, heh...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
jamesacastro

Post by jamesacastro »

06MonteSS wrote:you don't have to restore original backup and then retune the truck again every time bud, heh... there's no changes to the tunes on a tool update... no need to keep doing that...

Plus, Every time you install a tune (or disconnect the battery), all of the learned items like idle, airflow, fueling/fuel trims, emissions readiness tests, transmission shifting adaptives, etc. all get erased/reset... It takes several days/150+ miles to be put on for everything to be relearned by the ECM/TCM and settle back in again....

Thank you for the lessons sir. I’ve run the intune on my 15 Silverado, 15 Sierra, and now the 18 Sierra and had no idea. You only know what you know.
jamesacastro

Post by jamesacastro »

06MonteSS wrote:you don't have to restore original backup and then retune the truck again every time bud, heh... there's no changes to the tunes on a tool update... no need to keep doing that...

Good day sir. It's been some time since I've left hands off of my diablo intune to see if the MPG on the DIC would match up with hand calculations. It is still 2 mpg's off. This truck is bone stock aside from new K02's I bought a couple of weeks ago. Stock size tires.

Thank you.