Wheel Size change not working

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

bnjmnalan

Wheel Size change not working

Post by bnjmnalan »

2006 GMC Sierra 5.3L, extended cab, 35" tires
InTune I3

What I do: install standard tune, 87 octane tune, change parameters, wheel size, 34 in.
Result: speedometer immediately jumps to 120 miles per hour when driving at idle.

What I do: restore stock tune
Result: things seem to go back to normal, speedometer is still off by 4 miles per hour dur to oversized tires

What I do: install standard tune, 87 octane, do NOT change parameters.
Result: seems to drive normal no noticeable change during short test drive. Speedometer still off by 4 miles per hour due to oversized tires.

What I do: change parameters, wheel size, 35 in.
Result: speedometer immediately jumps to 120 miles per hour at idle speeds.

What I do: install standard tune, 87 octane.
Result: speedometer still jumps to 120 miles per hour at idle speeds.

What I do: restore original backup.
Result: back to normal, speedometer still off by 4 miles per hour due to oversized tires.

It seems that every time I try to change the wheel size parameter it only saves it as zero or near zero inches. How do I get it to save my wheel size changes?

At the moment, what I want to do is install the standard 87 Octane Tune with a 33.75" tire size. If I can get that installed I would be good for a while.

Where do I find more detailed information on the other user adjustable parameters?
2006 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext. Cab, 5.3L (L33), 6" Lift, 35" Tires
bnjmnalan

Re: Wheel Size change not working

Post by bnjmnalan »

I currently have the 87 Octane tune installed with no other parameter changes. I have attached the files from my tunes folder if anyone can help with this.

Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2006 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext. Cab, 5.3L (L33), 6" Lift, 35" Tires