2014 Corvette C7 Speed limiter? 134 mph

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

Pastrulo

2014 Corvette C7 Speed limiter? 134 mph

Post by Pastrulo »

Not very often do you get the perfect road to let loose and open it up, this was one of those times... When my C7 was stock I GPS'd about 175mph on this particular road. This time around, on the same road with an AFE intake and a Diablotune I thought it was gonna be awesome, right? For some reason inside the "Easy Tune" there's a "remove speed limiter" option, which is weird because Corvettes don't seem to have one, anyway just in case I clicked "YES" remove that crap, to find out mid-run that I have been limited to a Honda Civic level top speed of 134 MPH, and it said so on the screen, "134mph limit reached" and that was it, luckily I had the I3 tuner with me and flashed it again, making sure I clicked all the right options, specially paying attention to the one that says "REMOVE SPEED LIMITER", so the next run again, limited to 134mph. So I restored my boring GM OEM tune and did a third pass of 183 on the GPS, My question to Diablosport is, why is there even an option for speed limit?, and why does the answer of Don't Nerf my world not working? I have the latest updates and everything, what am I doing wrong? or is it you guys?
mikel

Re: 2014 Corvette C7 Speed limiter? 134 mph

Post by mikel »

Load the tune with no changes to speed limit and it will be fine.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com