2015 GMC Sierra, 5.3L lean codes

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

saftyguy

2015 GMC Sierra, 5.3L lean codes

Post by saftyguy »

I have a 2015 GMC (5.3L) and have used the i3 to tune my truck. I have also installed a K&N CAI as well as a oil catch can. I have installed the Diablo 87 octane tune with modified parameters (throttle change, disabled AFM & removed speed limiter). I also installed firm shifting program on tcm. Truck runs awesome and sounds great with CAI. However, I have noticed that after approximately 45-60 days (1500-2500miles), my truck will have "Lean" codes on both banks. I have fouind that if I return to truck to original tune, the codes will not return. Before i tune my truck, i update my tuner everytime and i have not made an attempt to change advanced tune parameters as I don't feel compfortable changing those parameters. Has anyone else had this issue? DiabloSport technicians, what are your suggestions? What parameters in the 87 Octane tune would you suggest I change?
06MonteSS

Re: 2015 GMC Sierra, 5.3L lean codes

Post by 06MonteSS »

well, every time you install a tune, all trouble codes get erased/cleared....

and the preset canned tunes do not change airflow/fueling at all.. so it's not a tune issue.. it's an air leak issue with your truck...

check that K&N air intake, make sure it's all fully connected/together, and that all clamps/bolts from air filter to throttle body are all TIGHT so no air leaks anywhere... they are known for loosening up and slipping apart...

also make sure your hoses on your catch-can are all clamped TIGHT on both ends, so no air leaks there...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net