A-8 Automatic

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

DannyC

A-8 Automatic

Post by DannyC »

Is there any future plans to be able to adjust automatic trans setting? They really need help! Where I thought I was hitting the rev limiter just before it shifted while in Drive it's actually closing the throttle body for a split second to keep pressure off trans during upshifts. It also revs the engine when doing manual down shifts that actually causes the car to lurch forward. Really stupid programming!

I wish the computer would leave the TB alone!
2017 Camaro SS, Roto-Fab, Soler 95mm ported TB, Flow Tech axle back.
mikel

Re: A-8 Automatic

Post by mikel »

What vehicle are we talking about?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
DannyC

Post by DannyC »

2017 Camaro SS with the 8 speed automatic.
2017 Camaro SS, Roto-Fab, Soler 95mm ported TB, Flow Tech axle back.
mikel

Post by mikel »

The TCM is locked down, no options at the moment.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
gbizel

Post by gbizel »

I have 15 C7 Z51 A8. Any idle increases or changes to shift points caused similar issues on road and track for me. While Im sure they probably helped straight line acceleration but were not good for road or race circuits. I ve got to think the OEM programming is similar in SS and C7 with LT1 & A8 and when trail braking deep in previous manual trans cars I would apply a small amount of throttle to "weight" the rear of the chassis but with the A8 it actually reduces brake booster vacuum in manual mode or automatic and really doesn't like it in automatic mode so there is a lot going on in the OEM TCM programming already and without access to adjust there's not a lot Diablo Sport can do to improve it. I use just the ECU Diablotune which for a canned tune is AWESOME! No increase in idle RPM, shift points or firmness as the car reacts poorly in my experience. To probably make the TCM that much better than factory you need full access to modify, full telemetry, fast drivers and a lot of track time like GM has when they programmed. I did replace plugs and decrease gap to .34 with some benefit but reverted any other adjustments backed to canned ECU tune as they were better. Very little to 0 knock retard on throttle at any RPM (heat soaked maybe a degree or 2), Timing advance is better canned than with any adjustments I made. Use only Chevron 93. Im sure there is a few more ponies with a custom tune from Diablew or other pro tuners but for $379 I am happy. Just my .02 with LT1 and A8.
tuffram1996

Post by tuffram1996 »

If I get the TCM unlocked can I tune the transmission with the I3?
mikel

Post by mikel »

tuffram1996 wrote:If I get the TCM unlocked can I tune the transmission with the I3?
we dont support the locked tcms for the most part, but the pcms are supported.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

tuffram1996 wrote:If I get the TCM unlocked can I tune the transmission with the I3?
nope.. would only be able to tune it using the software from the company that unlocked it.. i.e. if you have hptuners unlock the TCM, then you'd have to use hptuners software to tune your vehicle...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net