2011 GMC Sierra 5.3

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

Speedo1

2011 GMC Sierra 5.3

Post by Speedo1 »

So, just got the i3 (8245) and have a couple of questions. I’m actually still a little afraid to use it, in fear of screwing up my truck, lol.
1- I did install the 87 tune and deactivated arm. If I want to try the 91 tune, can I go from the 87 directly to the 91, or do I have to reinstall the stock tune then go to 91?
2- from what I read, there is no option to decrease the DBW throttle response lag, correct? Or can I tune this as well with this unit?
Thanks!!
MagsTuning

Re: 2011 GMC Sierra 5.3

Post by MagsTuning »

1....Yes you can go directly to the 91 octane tune but keep in mind that you'll want to first run the 87 octane fuel to E then fill up with 91 and go to that tune.

2....Throttle booster didn't start of GM until 2014 I believe.
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

Speedo1 wrote:So, just got the i3 (8245) and have a couple of questions. I’m actually still a little afraid to use it, in fear of screwing up my truck, lol.
1- I did install the 87 tune and deactivated arm. If I want to try the 91 tune, can I go from the 87 directly to the 91, or do I have to reinstall the stock tune then go to 91?
2- from what I read, there is no option to decrease the DBW throttle response lag, correct? Or can I tune this as well with this unit?
Thanks!!
On that 2011 truck, there is no throttle boost setting available... that option/setting was not available until 2014+ gm vehicles with newer ECM's...

However, the throttle response, drivability, gains, etc can be improved even more with a custom tune for your truck... I've done several thousands of those trucks, including my own, and do them daily...

Please send me an email at -- diablo DOT help AT gmail DOT com -- with the year, model, engine of your GM vehicle, any mods done to it, what octane gas you use, which diablo tool you have, etc.. and I can send you a loooong email with info about the custom tuning, the process, etc.

Thanks!
-Lew
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Speedo1

Post by Speedo1 »

Awesome, thank you!