Board index i2/i3 Technical discussion i2/i3 for GM vehicles Diablo I3 conflicts with aftermarket Radio 06 C6 Vette

Diablo I3 conflicts with aftermarket Radio 06 C6 Vette

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

I have purchased a Diablo I3 Platinum. I viewed some videos on Youtube that indicated that if you have aftermarket equipment ( ie, Radio)--You must completely disconnect the radio (not just remove the fuse) in order to prevent "conflicts" with the PCM while loading the Diablo programs. Is this true? It's a "big" job to get into the dash to completely disconnect radio to prevent this problem--especially everytime you want to enter/change the Diablo programs.

this is not an issue on C6.
More specific to 99-06 trucks and early C5/F-body applications.
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

Thanks for the information. I know its quite common to"upgrade" earlier C6 Vettes with better radios and that if this was a problem, surely it would have be rectified. Thanks again and I look forward to installing the Diablo I3 program on my car.

i pulled radio and amp fuses with no problem.
i also pulled relays for lights since I have all leds. never had to pull a bulb or the stereo.

Return to i2/i3 for GM vehicles