Couple of questions regarding Data logging/custom tune

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

ssands85

Couple of questions regarding Data logging/custom tune

Post by ssands85 »

Hey, I just want to first say that I am extremely happy with the I3 Platinum that I purchased this week, and that everything is working as intended. Just have a couple questions regarding the data logging. The setup on my 2011 silverado 5.3 is; 3" catback flowmaster system with the outlaw muffler and dual 3" out over axle, and I have a K&N drop in panel filter. I have had the Diablo tune and the firm trans tune in the truck now for about 300 miles, and I'm extremely happy with the performance. I would think that is enough time/mileage for the learned parameters to have settled into a happy place.
My questions are:
1. How many miles do you guys need to see for the data logging to have enough data for a custom tune?.

2. I just received the airaid modular intake tube, and will be installing it today. Do I need to give the computer a couple hundred more miles after that is installed to let it re-learn, before I start datalogging?

3. What kind of increase in performance can I expect with a custom tune vs. the diablo tune?

4. Where do I find the software to use my laptop for the datalogging?

Thanks.
06MonteSS

Re: Couple of questions regarding Data logging/custom tune

Post by 06MonteSS »

Diablosport themselves do not do custom tuning bud...

If you want a custom tune done, to gain more/better gains and performance and improved driveability, then you'd want to contact a CMR custom tuning dealer, like ME... ;)

data logging is done with the programmer itself, you don't need to use a laptop to record data logs...

Please shoot me an email at: diablo DOT help AT gmail DOT com

And I can send you emails with info about custom tuning, etc etc...

Thanks!

-Lew
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net