Board index i2/i3 Technical discussion i2/i3 for GM vehicles I3 8200 17+GM Update Problems

I3 8200 17+GM Update Problems

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

Post Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:40 pm

Hey guys. My name is Cody, I am new here. I recently acquired an intine I3 8200 from my brother. He had it on an older gm truck, and when i plugged it in to mine it said i needed to purchase an update to work with my '18 Sierra. I reached out to Diablosport on Facebook and they were quick to message me back to send me a link to the downloads page and give a brief description of what i needed to do. I since havent been able to get any messages back from them.

So i Currently have the Update Agent 1.0 installed on my computer. I followed the instruction on that and followed through with my purchase of the $40 17+gm update. After that i plugged my tuner in and hit the update button.

I now have a screen that says "contacting Powerteq cloud for vehicle unlock. this may take 1-2 hours. You will receive an email when your update is ready.........." I have let it sit on this screen for over 2 hours. I than tried again. I also uninstalled/reinstalled the the Update agent and still no luck. No email, no difference in the prompt on the screen, no difference in the tuner.

I tried calling customer support and it seems their tech line is closed, im assuming due to the pandemic.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Am i doing something wrong? I figured i would reach out on here to try and get some answers.

Thansk so much for your time,
Cody

Post Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:06 am

2017/2018/2019 vehicles require a special unlock sequence... so what will happen is, when you go to install a tune the first time, the tool will give you a message that "one or more controllers can not be tuned - Contacting powertech for vehicle unlock... you will be notified within 1-2 days" - or something similar to that effect.. so then in 1-2 days (usually within an hour though) you should receive an email (if you registered your tool on diablo's site) that your update is ready.. or just run the updater again to update your tool in an hour or so - so then you'd run the Ignition Updater on the tool again, and it will update the tool with the unlock code for your ECM, and then you'd be able to tune the vehicle.
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

Post Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:43 pm

Hey Lew. I think I did everything you said. I am however going to register my tool on their site now. The problem i have been having is that i have let the tool plugged into my computer with the UpdateAgent open on the screen that says it is contacting Powerteq and may take 1-2 hrs.......... The isssue is it never leaves this screen. I let it go overnight, Had it on all morning, and tried for a few hours at a time yesterday.

Post Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:48 pm

Post Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:49 pm

Please let me know if that photo attachment shows up for you. That is all the further i get with trying to update the tool.

Post Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:50 pm

shut down the updater... disconnect the intune... wait a few seconds... re-connect the intune and let it boot up, and accept/continue to get it to the main menu screen...

then start up the updater (Ignition) program... it should automatically find the inTune and start to download/install any available updates...

once it's done, complete, the updater program will say your programmer is now up to date...

then you can close the updater program, and disconnect the intune.. and you should be good to go...

if it still hasn't updated with the ecm unlock and you still can't tune the vehicle, then it may be an issue with the server on diablo's end.. so you'll need to contact support on Monday...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

Post Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:02 pm

Ok I will try all of that. Thanks so much for your time. I will let you know how i make out.

Post Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:38 pm

its still hanging on that screen. i will wait till monday to call tech support. im wondering if all of this covid-19 shit has anything to do with the server not working. i tried calling customer support yesterday and this am and both days it said their office is closed.

Post Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:42 pm

SO apparently it was a server issue. i got an email late last night saying my update was ready. Their servers must have been down for a few days. Everything is up to date now and working on my truck. Thanks again for the help. I have some more questions about tuning but i i will post them in another post as it would be off topic.

again thank you so much for the help
Cody

Return to i2/i3 for GM vehicles