Board index i2/i3 Technical discussion i2/i3 for GM vehicles I3 unlock and/or new license???

I3 unlock and/or new license???

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

Post Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:17 am

Posts: 1
Hello .... I have an I3 tuner that i bought for my 2014 Camaro SS. Last year I traded the car and totally forgot to set the tune back to stock. Now I have a 2017 Silverado 1500 (5.3L) and I want to use my tuner to set up the truck. Especially since i am in the process of lifting it and I'll need the speedometer adjustment. So... how do I get this unlocked? and will it work on my 2017 Silverado (5.3L)

Post Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:55 am

Posts: 56616
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters

you can buy the $149 GM license then you'll need to purchase an additional $40 GM unlock after initially connecting to the vehicle since all 17+ GMs require a specific unlock.

Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

Post Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:50 pm

Posts: 99
So, for my 2018 Corvette, I would also need the GM Unlock purchase?

Post Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:47 pm

Posts: 17792
Location: CT

yes.... any 2017 or newer vehicle needs an ECM unlock...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake -- -- --

Post Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:10 pm

Posts: 99
Thanks, Monte.

Return to i2/i3 for GM vehicles