Car shut off 24% into rewrite

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

OM3NOUS

Car shut off 24% into rewrite

Post by OM3NOUS »

Car is a 2015 Chevrolet SS

Bone head move. I could have sworn I put the car in acc on mode but i guess i didnt. Touched up a few parameters for the hundredth time trying to get everything just right. At 24% the car shuts off tuner said writing failed "unplug or restart" so i did and nadda. No start and all the bells and whistles went off on the DIC. I have 3 tunes on my i2: one for my 'Burb one for my Challenger SP and now i cant use the tuner on either because it says its looking for the SS vin. Am i screwed? I have an appointment with the dealer just in case i cant resolve this to have them try and reflash a stock tune in it. Any help is appreciated. I tried searching for this topic to research but search said no matches... which cannot be true.
Thanks for the help if any hopefully i can figure this out.
Ethan
Ethan
2015 Chevrolet SS APM A6 #9 OF 14
2006 Pontiac GTO
2006 TBSS
mikel

Re: Car shut off 24% into rewrite

Post by mikel »

what happens when you try to go through the recovery process now?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
06MonteSS

Re: Car shut off 24% into rewrite

Post by 06MonteSS »

sounds like you did not restore the original backup stock tune to your previous vehicle in order to unlock/reset the programmer before trying to use it on your other one...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net