Stuck checking for updates

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the Ignition updater software for PC or Mac

Moderator: sohfast94

Jmo

Stuck checking for updates

Post by Jmo »

Maybe I put this in the wrong section? My i2 is stuck checking for updates. It was looping updating everytime I plugged it in, I read a previous thread and deleted the group update in the root directory of the i2. Now when I plug it in it checks for updates and seems to get stuck. Getting alittle frustrated any help would be appreciated, thx.
mikel

Re: Stuck checking for updates

Post by mikel »

so it keeps updating or gets stuck?
I am not sure I follow 100%
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Jmo

Post by Jmo »

It basically just saying "checking for and installing updates". But don't seem to get past it.
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

how long are you letting it run? if you haven't done updates in a while, there could be a lot of them, and some of them are big.. so could take a whiiiiiile.. just leave it connected to your pc and let it run, let it do it's thing..
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
13blacktop_rt

Post by 13blacktop_rt »

Is there any info on the details of the update?
garrett
Site Admin

Post by garrett »

delete the file in the drive labeled "Group Update", then head to the vehicle and begin tuning.
Jmo

Post by Jmo »

OK I let sit for quite awhile checking and installing updates, but it never went nowhere. When I plug it in it shows the title screen then goes straight to "checking/installing updates" I deleted the group update from the root directory. I'm stuck not sure what to do. I mean how long is a long time to update, I just updated like a week ago so I'm not that out of date I wouldn't think. Any suggestions?
Jmo

Post by Jmo »

I take it nobody has any ideas? I left it plugged in for about 30 or 40 min and it was still just says "checking/installing updates" and I can't get it to do anything else. Getting alittle frustrated and I guess I'm gonna have to send it back? Or what do u think?
mikel

Post by mikel »

Jmo wrote:I take it nobody has any ideas? I left it plugged in for about 30 or 40 min and it was still just says "checking/installing updates" and I can't get it to do anything else. Getting alittle frustrated and I guess I'm gonna have to send it back? Or what do u think?
please post the current info.xml file from the i2 drive.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Jmo

Post by Jmo »

This is my newest xml
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hawk412

Post by Hawk412 »

Mine is having the same issue, will not leave the "Please wait" Checking/Installing Updates screen