Ignition vs WiFi updates

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the Ignition updater software for PC or Mac

Moderator: sohfast94

djalbin

Ignition vs WiFi updates

Post by djalbin »

I installed the new Ignition software application. It said there are new updates to install. I let the Ignition app install the updates. The updates are installed and Ignition indicates that updates are complete; no more updates. But ... if I then check for updates via the WiFi connection, it states there are updates. So I let it install it's updates. The updates are installed and WiFi indicates that updates are complete; no more updates. But if I re-launch the Ignition app it again indicates there are updates ... do I want to install them.
It seems like Ignition and WiFi are overlaying each others updates and, depending on which interface/app you used last, the other app will want to install it's updates.
With the old Windows Installer there was consistency between the Installer and WiFi on updates. You could install updates via either app and afterwards the other app would indicate "no updates available" . Now it seems as if there is no consistency between Ignition and WiFi regarding updates.

Which app is correct regarding updates?
mikel

Re: Ignition vs WiFi updates

Post by mikel »

they are using different servers at the moment, so the wifi will keep downloading the ignition updater to the device. They will be on same server tuesday and you'll get the same results from both.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com