Ignition Updates I2 Everytime I Run It/Wifi Never Enable

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the Ignition updater software for PC or Mac

Moderator: sohfast94

HostileJava

Ignition Updates I2 Everytime I Run It/Wifi Never Enable

Post by HostileJava »

Every time I start Ignition it tells me there is an update available. I can run it, install the update, reboot the i2, close the ignition software, start back up and it will tell me there is an update available again. I can run through the same process over and over again installing updates, restarting ignition and installing what appears to be the same update again as the versions never change. I also went through the wifi registration process and got the beads but the WiFi menu on my i2 never ungrayed. I am assuming the two are related?
Avalanche 2500 8.1L Vortec/4L85E
mikel

Re: Ignition Updates I2 Everytime I Run It/Wifi Never Enable

Post by mikel »

please post the info.xml file from the i2 drive or the serial number from the device.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
HostileJava

Post by HostileJava »

Please find the file attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ufdah

Post by Ufdah »

I'm experiencing the rxact same issue. Info.xml attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
retiredtechnician

Post by retiredtechnician »

Same problem. Sent email to Customer Service, they said unit was up to date. No reason given as to why, or what is the correction action. info.xml file attached.
Ufdah

Post by Ufdah »

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Diablo knows about this issue and doesn't have a fix yet. Mikel has been on the forums and didn't acknowledge our problems which to me speaks to the fact that there's not a fix yet. Hopefully it won't take too long...
staripley

Post by staripley »

I have same issue. I registered and received the "shrouds" not sure what they call the. But WIFI never enables.
retiredtechnician

Mike, can we please get an answer on this.

Same thing today: had a 6-file update available, updated, unplugged i2 ---- plugged in i2, checked for updates, 1-file update available, updated, unplugged i2 --- plugged in i2, checked for updates, 1-file update available, updated, unplugged i2 --- and the circle continues.

QUESTIONS:
1. Is this a known problem you're working on; or are we all doing something wrong?
2. How do we tell if the unit is actually updated (without sending you the info file every time)?
3. Is it safe to use the i2 on the vehicle, or will we then have bigger problems?

Thanks.
RT
HostileJava

Post by HostileJava »

mikel wrote:please post the info.xml file from the i2 drive or the serial number from the device.
Good morning Mikel, would it be possible to get some sort of acknowledgement of this issue or some sort of status in general. It has been over a week since I posted the xml file and have heard nothing. Is this something I should be calling your support line for?

Thanks,

James
retiredtechnician

Well, Mike, I uninstalled 'Ignition' from my Windows 7, cleaned out the registry (anything relating to the software), downloaded 'Ignition', installed, re-signed into my account, updated i2 ... updated i2 .... updated i2 ... same crap! Sure would appreciate some help here!

RT
mikel

Post by mikel »

HostileJava wrote:Please find the file attached.
the device is not up to date currently, can you do it again on the ignition software so I can check the log when its done?
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
mikel

Post by mikel »

retiredtechnician wrote:Same problem. Sent email to Customer Service, they said unit was up to date. No reason given as to why, or what is the correction action. info.xml file attached.
again this is not fully up to date, but it seems to be working on your vehicle. Can you try updating again?
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Ufdah

Post by Ufdah »

Mikel, is there a reason I am being ignored? Do I need to create my own thread to be responded to? I'd love to know why WiFi will not enable for me. See info.xml above...
HostileJava

Post by HostileJava »

mikel wrote:
HostileJava wrote:Please find the file attached.
the device is not up to date currently, can you do it again on the ignition software so I can check the log when its done?
Done just now. 3 times. The first time it said it installed 6 files. The 2nd and 3rd time only one file. No change in Wifi.
retiredtechnician

Hi Mike,

I tried it again for 4 'updates', same thing. I tried the i2 in the truck; didn't do any tuning, but device connected and gave options for tuning.

I wanted to try it on my Windows 10 computer (I've been using Windows 7), but you must have removed the 'ignition' download file from your download page. I still had the install file on my computer, so installed it on Windows 10 ... same thing.

Attached is my info file.

RT

EDITED: Thought you may want a copy of the email reporting the problem back in April:
-----------------------------------
Diablo Tech Support <tech@diablosport.com> Apr 28 at 5:21 AM
To
Retired Technician
Message body
Your device is up to date.

Daniel Gomberg
Tech Support
Phone: (561)-908-0040
Fax: (561) 431-0429
cid:image001.jpg@01CEE126.553226C0

Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2017 10:54 PM
To: Diablo Tech Support <tech@diablosport.com>
Subject: Problem Updating i2030

Hi,

I'm having a problem updating my i2030. Updates have always been working OK until today when I attempted to update unit via 'ignition' updater. I do update, unit goes through its procedure, tells me update is complete. I disconnect, reconnect, start updater, again shows new version available, do update, and circle continues. I retried it at least 6 times, no difference. I'm attaching the info file.

Thank you.

RT