having issues updating I2

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the Ignition updater software for PC or Mac

Moderator: sohfast94

rtoomer

having issues updating I2

Post by rtoomer »

when plugged into the pc i always get 1 update waiting in ignition, group update.ietf it uploads applys or seems too and the then the unit reboots and ignition takes me to a sales page.
i'm stuck in this loop as well wifi does not enable ether, however the tuner still tunes my truck without issue 2007 dodge ram 5.7.
any help that could be provided would be appreciated!
Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
06MonteSS

Re: having issues updating I2

Post by 06MonteSS »

delete the group update file from the intune and run the updater, and you should be good to go.
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
rtoomer

Post by rtoomer »

its not that its on the device, it keeps coming through the ignition updater every time i connect to the pc.
once it does the update the file gets removed and the device boots fine.
retiredtechnician

Post by retiredtechnician »

This problem appears awful similar to a problem in thread
https://forum.diablosport.com/viewtopic ... 63&t=64634
This problem was reported via email April 27. Sure would be nice to be able to update our devices.

PLEASE

RT
mikel

Post by mikel »

rtoomer wrote:when plugged into the pc i always get 1 update waiting in ignition, group update.ietf it uploads applys or seems too and the then the unit reboots and ignition takes me to a sales page.
i'm stuck in this loop as well wifi does not enable ether, however the tuner still tunes my truck without issue 2007 dodge ram 5.7.
any help that could be provided would be appreciated!
Cheers
the device is up to date, not sure why it keeps updating.

The wifi enable is not working as expected and will be fixed in a few days.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
rtoomer

Post by rtoomer »

its now 2022 and its still fubar.
mikel

Post by mikel »

are you saying it updates everytime you connect, and that causes a problem?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
skjeep

Post by skjeep »

Hi all and greetings from Europe.
after several years of good service with my 2 cars i just wanted to purchase another license for my I2.
Downloaded the new Ignition updater, plugged the I2 to USB,updater found it but prior to purchasing a new licence
it forced me to update the device. Now after update the device is stuck frozen with a Diablo logo on the screen. :drivingbad:

Called Diablosport, got in touch with Rick, he suggested to repeat the update, delete some files on the flash drive
repeat the update again.... still the same result. It still gets recognised by the updater, the disk works also but the device is stuck.
At the end i was proposed to buy a new I3 with some discount. But that is not the way i want to go. I do not want to buy another device.
Not that it is another $$$for the device but also plus shipping, customs ......And it is just not worth that.

I was happy with what i have. And it was not me but Diablo who ruined it. I just wanted to purchase another license, nothing more.
It was Diablo who forced me to update the tool in order to be able to purchase another license.

Any ideas?