I2 malfunction

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the Ignition updater software for PC or Mac

Moderator: sohfast94

dcf_327

I2 malfunction

Post by dcf_327 »

My I2 is hurting. I can connect it to my computer and it powers up, but it doesn't show up in my file explorer. Sometimes it displays the Intune drive but disappears before I can do anything with it. When it flashes I can see that all of my files are there. When I connect it to my car it powers on but only gives me the option to select "SETTINGS". Ignition software doesn't even detect it. The WIFI updater continuously tries to install updates but nothing ever sticks.

What can I do to get it up and running again?
dcf_327

Re: I2 malfunction

Post by dcf_327 »

Well, I fixed it on my own. Problem was my i2 couldn't mount the internal drive (I assume) because my car wouldn't recognize it and my computer wouldn't recognize it. So.... I plugged it into my Samsung Galaxy S7 via the microusb-to-USB adapter supplied with the phone, opened the SAMSUNG "MY FILES" APP and I was able to delete everything except for the TUNES folder and the UPDATER folder. I UNMOUNTED it through the Android system app and plugged it back into my computer. DID NOT RUN IGNITION, but let the device update itself through Wifi. Took a few restarts and update cycles but it righted itself.

This is what worked for me. It may or may not work for you.