New Predator Tuner: "Tuner Needs An Update"..

Discuss Predator 2 for Ford

Moderator: sohfast94

sking0621

New Predator Tuner: "Tuner Needs An Update"..

Post by sking0621 »

I just received my Predator 2 tuner for my 2017 ford f150 ecoboost 3.5. Plugged it in to computer after downloading the ignition app. Said was updated. Each time I plugged it into the ford plug in my truck it would read stock then would stop and say "Tuner Needs An Update". But when I kept bringing it back in and plugging it in it said was updated. Brand new and will not let me do anything. Please help me if you can. I bought this to update my tires and use the performance 87 tune since the tire/speedometer correction was my only purpose for now.
mikel

Re: New Predator Tuner: "Tuner Needs An Update"..

Post by mikel »

sking0621 wrote:I just received my Predator 2 tuner for my 2017 ford f150 ecoboost 3.5. Plugged it in to computer after downloading the ignition app. Said was updated. Each time I plugged it into the ford plug in my truck it would read stock then would stop and say "Tuner Needs An Update". But when I kept bringing it back in and plugging it in it said was updated. Brand new and will not let me do anything. Please help me if you can. I bought this to update my tires and use the performance 87 tune since the tire/speedometer correction was my only purpose for now.
can you please provide the serial number from the device?

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
sking0621

Post by sking0621 »

Called this morning and Diablosport had to add an update. Once this was performed I was able to tune my vehicle. Thanks for the help
mikel

Post by mikel »

Awesome, enjoy.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
woodhood007

Post by woodhood007 »

This thing is going to be the death of me. It is also for my 2017 Ford f150 3.5L. First, I plug it in, and it says it can't read my vehicle. Then I plug it back in and it says it needs to be updated, so I go inside open the manual, and the very first instruction to update the tuner is click on the Ignition Icon....Not download the Ignition app from our website. After finally figuring out that I need to download the app from the website, I open the app and go through the prompts. I click "update" and it says it's up to date, but I plug it back into my truck, and it says it needs to be updated. I try the same process again on a Mac to see if that helps, and the same results. Then I call for help, and today is the one day they are closed for a meeting. I can say that I'm not very happy with this process or the equipment at this point to say the least.
woodhood007

Post by woodhood007 »

And to top it all off. I waited on hold to talk to someone about my issue for 15 mins. Then I was told they couldn't do anything at the moment cause their website is down and I have a mac.
mikel

Post by mikel »

whats rthe serial number on the device?
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com