Diablo Sport won't tune RIPP Supercharger Gen-2 Stage 2

Discuss Predator 2 for Chrysler vehicles

Moderator: sohfast94

Gyrene

Diablo Sport won't tune RIPP Supercharger Gen-2 Stage 2

Post by Gyrene »

I sent my 2010 Jeep Wrangler (JK) into the dealer for recall and state inspection. The technician flashed the onboard computer and deleted the tune on my RIPP Supercharger Gen-2 Stage 2 (Jeep Wrangler 3.8 Rev10).

I have the manual and can read where it says “2007-2010 JK Diablo’s are pre-programmed.” Nevertheless the dealer’s tech can’t get it to tune, stating that the Diablo display indicates something about “requires update.”

Can you please help and send me with tune for this unit/vehicle? Is it in your downloads page?

Many thanks!
mikel

Re: Diablo Sport won't tune RIPP Supercharger Gen-2 Stage 2

Post by mikel »

For starters, the device will need to be reset if its married to the vehicle currently.
Once thats done they will get the update request at the vehicle and they can connect to a pc and update with the ignition software to get it back to the supported calibration then they can load the tune.

Maybe this will keep them from flashing supercharged vehicles in the future :)

Also, in case you ever decide to take it to a dealership again ( I strongly advise against taking modified vehicles like this to a dealer) be sure to either remove the tune or verify that they will not be flashing the pcm.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Gyrene

Post by Gyrene »

Mike:

Thanks. The device is married to that vehicle. Can you let me know how to reset it, please?

I brought it to the dealership for two recalls. While there, I asked them to also do an emissions inspection and state inspection. The tech flashed the computer when he saw an EVAP error. If not for the recall, that Jeep would never see a dealership.

As an aside, can the vehicle be driven absent a proper tune? I may just go get it and bring it to the original supercharger installer.

Many thanks!
mikel

Post by mikel »

No, cant drive it without the tune.

Someone will need to give us a call tomorrow with the tool powered up so we can reset it then they can proceed.

561-908-0040 x4
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com