Predator 2 - Dodge Charger 5.7

Discuss Predator 2 for Chrysler vehicles

Moderator: sohfast94

masterhatter

Predator 2 - Dodge Charger 5.7

Post by masterhatter »

I just received the Predator 2 for my 2013 Dodge Charger R/T 5.7L. The unit displays 3 tunes: 87, 91 and Diablo. I use 89 octane gas since that is recommended over 87. Can I use the 91 tune with 89 octane gas or should I load the 87 tune?

I also have an AIRRAID CAI installed. I heard that there are CAI tunes for some vehicles. Are those available for my vehicle?
mikel

Re: Predator 2 - Dodge Charger 5.7

Post by mikel »

There shouldn't be an 87 tune there honestly. Running a HEMI car on anything less than 91 is leaving power on the table ;)

There are no CAI tunes for any of the 11+ models as they simply don't require one.

Can you give me the serial number of the device?

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
masterhatter

Post by masterhatter »

Sure thing. The serial number is 201056595
masterhatter

Post by masterhatter »

I wanted to follow up and check with you that my unit had the correct tunes, since you had asked for my serial number and that the 87 tune shouldn't have been listed. I want to make sure everything is ok before I start making changes to my vehicle.

Thanks.
mikel

Post by mikel »

we're on it.
I would advise against using the 87 tune.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
masterhatter

Post by masterhatter »

I received an email today about an update being available, so I updated the unit through ignition and when I plug it into my car I don't see any changes. The 87, 91 and Diablo tunes are still there which I assume is correct, but your site mentioned I can update the MDS function, rev limiters, traction control. I don't see these options available. Are these additional options only available after I apply a diablo tune? The only quick tune options I have are tire size, axle ratios, idle and tire pressure.

I've attached a screenshot of my ignition software. Whenever I plug the unit in it'll say 1 file uploaded at the top. At the bottom right under installed I see a file name and then 0 files next to it. Is that supposed to say zero? Just a note, the VIN number does display, I just didn't want to show it on a public forum.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.