stock options

Discuss Predator 2 for Chrysler vehicles

Moderator: sohfast94

diamondave5

stock options

Post by diamondave5 »

i’ve tried a couple different tunes and i’m currently running the economy tune, is there any way to run a “stock” tune but still have the options like every other tune has, specifically being able to disable MDS and have the performance shift points, even the economy has those options, when running the stock tune it has none of those custom options, i’m not trying to “unmarry” the tuner from the truck just wanted to run a stock tune with options, let me know if that’s something that can’t be done...also how close is the economy tune to the stock set up? like what specifically changes: timing, air/fuel? curious about that, thanks
mikel

Re: stock options

Post by mikel »

use the tune called modify stock to make changes without applying a 'tune'.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
diamondave5

Post by diamondave5 »

i don’t remember seeing that one, i’ll have to check again thanks, can you give me a brief description how the economy one is different from stock? does it gain or reduce power in any way from stock parameters ?
diamondave5

Post by diamondave5 »

k here is what i have
diablo tune
diablo 91 tune
tow performance
diablo 87 tune
economy
stock

if i select stock it never asks to modify the tune, just loads it back to stock, with stock tune under quick options it only has something like tire size , none of those options i’m looking for like that are in all the other tunes when it asks to modify first
mikel

Post by mikel »

Sorry, i didn't realize we were in the P2 section, i was thinking i3/Trinity.

Unfortunately p2 doesn't offer this option in this manner.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
diamondave5

Post by diamondave5 »

bummer..i was trying an experiment, i was running the 87 tune for a couple weeks and was happy with the way it was running but it seemed like my exhaust tone changed, before installing my glasspack would get a nice crackle at mid throttle with a little load on the truck, that crackle seems like it went away and had a deeper tone, still sounded great but i like the old school crackle sound :D , so i was going to go back to stock for a week or so and see if it was my imagination or not, ended up running economy for a bit since i couldnt customize the stock tune, kinda hear that crackle again but occasionally when i get into it i don’t like the performance of economy , so i’m going to go the opposite way now and i just installed the 91 tune and give it a while and see what happens, not sure if i’m going crazy thinking it changed or not :? , if it did my theory is maybe with a tune it’s actually running better and has less load on the engine so it doesn’t hit that certain crackle spot....wide open it still does, anyway ill run the 91 for a while and see, then i could just go back to stock all together and see if it is actually changing, but i know i like the performance of a tune already so might just have to deal without my mid range crackle :roll:
diamondave5

Post by diamondave5 »

mikel wrote:Sorry, i didn't realize we were in the P2 section, i was thinking i3/Trinity.

Unfortunately p2 doesn't offer this option in this manner.

Thanks
just curious when you say in this manner, does that mean there can be maybe an update or something you can do so this tuner can customize a stock tune? is it even capable? if for some reason i end up going back to stock if i could at least disable mds and have the diablo value shift points i could justify the cost in my mind :wink: , otherwise just having it on hand for if i ever get a trouble code to clear or something doesn’t seem worth it ...let me know if there is a way to do it meanwhile i’ll keep going as i mentioned in my last post, thanks
diamondave5

Post by diamondave5 »

so is there a way to make this tuner have that capability to customize a "stock" tune ?
mikel

Post by mikel »

No, you may want to look into the i3 platform.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
diamondave5

Post by diamondave5 »

well i’ll see how it goes, i still am trying to figure out for sure if the exhaust tone is changing, i’m gonna run the tune for a week or 2 then maybe go back to stock for a week and see if i can hear any difference, could just be the temperature difference or something like when it’s colder it’s different than when it’s hot idk...not ready to give up on this tuner or buy another just to customize a stock tune, maybe i’m just losing my mind :roll: