Warranty or Dealer Detection

Discuss Predator 2 for GM vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

nofear2098

Warranty or Dealer Detection

Post by nofear2098 »

Hi i have seen this question asked a lot on forums but it always seems the post is a bit dated. I have a 2017 Silverado LT on a lease and was interested in the predator 2 to adjust the tire size and gear ratios. Is this in anyway detectable by the dealer or will it void out my warranty. I know they restore factory settings and all but wasnt sure with all the new tech, gps and onstar diagnostics if they are still able to tell that you messed with it. Thanks again.
06MonteSS

Re: Warranty or Dealer Detection

Post by 06MonteSS »

as long as you remember to restore the original backup stock tune to the vehicle before going to a dealer for anything, you'll be fine.. dealer can't tell what was changed..

and onstar can't see anything anyway, they just scan for trouble codes.. nothing at all to do with the programming/tuning aspect of the ECM..
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
nofear2098

Post by nofear2098 »

Not that its something i was considering doing, but i have herd a lot of guys talk about messing with the tire size and gear ratios to make the computer think your going slower than you actually are thus not calculating as much mileage. This isnt the reason for my interest, i just dont like the way the truck drives and ive herd these tuners really wake up the truck, i was just curious, it would also seem to me this could cause some tranny problems, do you have any insight into this.
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

lol... no, that is not something you'd want to do at all... will negatively affect your tranny shifting, etc. etc...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net