No 93 octane tune for my 2016 Camaro SS

Discuss Predator 2 for GM vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

Onofio

No 93 octane tune for my 2016 Camaro SS

Post by Onofio »

Folks,

I recently purchased the Predator 2 platinum for my 2016 Camaro SS. It's stock with the exception of the CAI I installed ~6 months ago.

I've plugged in the tuner to my desktop computer, registered it, and did the updates/downloads from the diablo website.

I plugged the tuner in and followed the instructions (on screen and in the manual provided). After the scan completed only 91 octane, diablo tune and stock w/ options are available to select.

I was wondering, after doing some reading on these forums:
1) Why the 93 octane tune in not available?
2) What does stock w/ options mean? Is this the current "stock" tune on my car that in need to return it to before taking it in to the dealership for warranty type work?
3) What is the Diablo tune?

Thank you in advance for your help (I'm still reading some of the older posts...maybe I'll find my answers, posting this in case I don't).
06MonteSS

Re: No 93 octane tune for my 2016 Camaro SS

Post by 06MonteSS »

Diablo Tune is the 93 octane tune...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Onofio

Post by Onofio »

Thank you!
Onofio

Post by Onofio »

I have a follow-up question. When the tuner scans my vehicle, can it detect that I have a CAI from Cold Air Induction?

Only options I have are what I listed in my previous post.

Also, to return my car to the "stock" tune, I just load the stock w/ options tune that shows up in the menu?

Thank you in advance!

P.S. I installed the 91 octane diablo tune as its hard to find 93 octane where I live.
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

no it doesn't know your mods... you'd want a custom tune done to adjust for the cold air intake..

to go back to stock, you need to select RESTORE ORIGINAL BACKUP... read the user manual/guide, that tells you how to restore the original stock tune...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Onofio

Post by Onofio »

Thank you!
Onofio

Post by Onofio »

I looked through the manual, and maybe I missed it. When you say Custom tune, does that mean the 91 octane tune with customized options?
Or does my predator 2 tuner not have the capability to "add" the CAI I have from Cold Air Induction?
Or when you say custom tune is I sent you a datalog file and you add the CAI, and sent me a file back?
I was hoping I can add the CAI option myself, however I don't "see" how to do that in the manual.

Is that the AFM/DOD (hard to see that those letters are) option? If so, there's no explanation for it. I "assume: AFM - Air Fuel Mixture
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Onofio on Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

no.. I mean buying a custom tune from a DiabloSport CMR custom tuner to create you a custom tune specifically for your car and mods...

You can do a search in the dealer/tuner locator to find places around your area... https://www.diablosport.com/dealer-locator/
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
Onofio

Post by Onofio »

Ahh, ok...thanks for the link
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

AFM / DOD is the Active Fuel Management.. i.e. the 4 cyl mode... that setting is to disable it so that it stays in 8 cyl. mode all the time...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune