2016 Challenger

This area of the forum is for discussions relating to the T2 monitor/tuner on Chrysler vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

lSuoWE

2016 Challenger

Post by lSuoWE »

Just installed a new PCM for use with my T2 and thought I'd share my experience so far.

Installation was pretty straightforward, but when it came to tuning it got a little frustrating. I made sure the T2 was updated before I plugged it in the first time, but i didn't recognize the PCM. Had to call in to tech support for a reset.

First tune went OK, loaded up the Diablo tune, with MDS off and throttle boost. Went back to look at the settings again and the T2 looked like it went all spazzy, couldn't recognize the tune it had loaded...settings numbers were all wacky and didn't make sense. So I reloaded it to the PCM. Everything seems OK now.

Drive around a bit, MDS comes on. WTF? Verify it is turned off in the loaded tune. Still engages.

Don't leave the T2 plugged in. The screen will turn off after a bit but when you start the car again, the screen flashes but never comes back up. Also it occasionally freezes when trying to open some menus.

Good news is that it saves logs pretty well and the dataviewer is fairly easy to use.

Overall not really impressed with how poorly it works though. But it does look nice.
mikel

Re: 2016 Challenger

Post by mikel »

to confirm, you saw the 4 cly display come up when MDS engaged?
Can you post the last tune written file from the T2 drive/tunes folder so i can check it out?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
lSuoWE

Post by lSuoWE »

mikel wrote:to confirm, you saw the 4 cly display come up when MDS engaged?
Can you post the last tune written file from the T2 drive/tunes folder so i can check it out?
Yes, 4cyl comes up on the display.

Also, what exactly changes with the trans tune? does it just change regular or sport mode, or both? I can't tell a difference in daily driving.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mikel

Post by mikel »

MDS is disabled in the attached custom tune

the tcm tune alters shift pressures and converter lockup. Changes are effective in any mode.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
lSuoWE

Post by lSuoWE »

I'll give it a try, thanks. Now that you say that I do remember it was easier to spin the tires holding the brake.