Analog sensors for T2

This area of the forum is for discussions relating to the T2 monitor/tuner on Chrysler vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

bumbur19

Analog sensors for T2

Post by bumbur19 »

I’m totally disappointed with this new Trinity T2.
It is absolutely useless device as it is impossible to connect T2 with any analog sensors.
Therefore, T2 cannot be used as a monitoring system on most supercharged and turbo builds.
Even T1 can be connected with two external analog sensors.
I know that Diablosport has a plan to enable EAS for T2, but who knows when it will happened.
To my mind, it is biggest fail of Diablosport.
Moreover, T2 is unable to show some vital OBD data as Engine Oil temperature and Transmission oil temperature (Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT 6.4).
My question is when the EAS will be available for T2?
mikel

Re: Analog sensors for T2

Post by mikel »

Sorry for the delay in making the EAS options available. We hear you and thats one of the next items in development.

Im not sure if the PCM monitors oil temp, if so its likely something we can add or that can be viewed through Dataviewer.
As for Trans oil temp, the device can;lt get data from more than one module at a time, hence it can;t talk t the TCM to get that while also getting PCM data, so its one or the other.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
bumbur19

Post by bumbur19 »

mikel wrote:Sorry for the delay in making the EAS options available. We hear you and thats one of the next items in development.

Im not sure if the PCM monitors oil temp, if so its likely something we can add or that can be viewed through Dataviewer.
As for Trans oil temp, the device can;lt get data from more than one module at a time, hence it can;t talk t the TCM to get that while also getting PCM data, so its one or the other.

Thanks
Thanks for info, but what is the approximate term for making the EAS option available for T2?
How many analog EAS sensors will be able to connect to T2 at the same time?

As for the Engine and Trans temperature, the onboard chrysler/jeep monitoring system is able to show such data.
Therefore, the T2 shall also be able to show such data, but it doesn’t.
mikel

Post by mikel »

I am hoping to see EAS ready in 4-6 weeks, but thats an estimate at the moment.
Sensors can be daisy chained, I am not sure what the max limit is, but its at least 4 or more, I will confirm.

edit: you can do up to 8 devices on our other EAS products, so I am assuming it will be the same for T2.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
bumbur19

Post by bumbur19 »

mikel wrote:I am hoping to see EAS ready in 4-6 weeks, but thats an estimate at the moment.
Sensors can be daisy chained, I am not sure what the max limit is, but its at least 4 or more, I will confirm.

edit: you can do up to 8 devices on our other EAS products, so I am assuming it will be the same for T2.

Thanks
Ok, thanks for clarification!
What about the Engine oil and Transmission oil temperatures?
Why T2 is not able to show them?
T1 does it without any problem.

ILYA
mikel

Post by mikel »

What year is the vehicle we are discussing here?

Most truck/SUV applications with the 6 speed will display trans temp, since it is all in one module.
The cars and GCSRT8 models that use the NAG1/EGS TCM are not able to get trans temp as it is a different module and it can only get data from one module at a time.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
bumbur19

Post by bumbur19 »

The vehicle is 2012 MY.
However, the onboard monitoring systme is able to show both the Engine temperature and Transmission temperature.
Am I right that T2 is not able to show the above temperatures simultaniously due to the particularities of the ECU/TCV?