Windows 7 Prolific USB Driver Download

All General Questions can be posted here

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

mikel

RE: Re: Windows 7 Prolific USB Driver Download

Post by mikel »

We have 2 Windows 7 PCs here in my tech office, and we have no problems with the drivers.

One of the guys had to install and uninstallit a few times to make it work, but it has been fine since...
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
jimb

Post by jimb »

Make that PC #3. Following the instructions outlined in DSDL_install_win7.doc
http://diablosport.com/index.php?name=P ... ic&t=20349
y2kay

Post by y2kay »

I have also had no luck trying to load the drivers, I get the yellow triangle on the com ports line in device mgr. If I try to connect to my tool in "automatically" detect, it only checks on com ports 3,4,5 and 6. The tool auto loads to com port 7. and the autoconnect won't let me manually or legacy connect and change the comm. port manually., so the net outcome, it won't load the driver. I would really like to see 1 of the options that I've been told will work. actually do. Still getting kinda frustrated with the tool,programs and the support. Although I do see that there is a new code ready for release! For ANOTHER $99.00!! I'd really like to see SOMETHING work without continuing to send money and recieve more ???'s than answers. I'm using windows XP with a u7158 for my 2000 Lightning, also having problem with high rpm idle, and hanging when decellerating, it'll coast after letting off gas up to @ 40 mph, and you've got to stand on the brakes at stop lights, great for fuel consumption. ugh
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

go into your Windows Device Manager and change the com port of the usb cable to use... you can set it to a different one, you don't have to just accept com port 7 that it assigns to it.
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
y2kay

Post by y2kay »

Perseverence,Patience, Ok I got the driver to load!! Like you said, had to delete and re-install a few times to get it-Thanks, I can connect to tool with laptop, I was trying to forward some saved logs to try to get rid of the High rpm idle + hang condition, but I cant get the logs to upload? the tool shows connected and "sending" but it never gets past 0 %, then times out, shows unsuccesful upload? the DSdownloader shows "found tool" and connected, then "initializing" and thats it. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
18forever

Post by 18forever »

I've tried installing and uninstalling at least 8 times, I spent over 2 hours trying different things. I'm dummy when it comes to computers and I've even had a network engineer come over and help out. He's stuck too. We keep getting the same response in device manager:

This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)
The name is already in use as either a service name or a service display name.
To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.

I haven't seen anyone else get this and I've gotten no answers to emails to Prolific. I'm really glad your computers are working fine but mine isn't. Got any other suggestions besides "install and uninstall" till your blue in the face???
18forever

Post by 18forever »

I meant to say above this that I'm NOT a computer dummy. I have built my own from the motherboard up and never had problems like this. This is the first store bought complete computer I've had since the early 1990's. It's not a cheap one either. Alienware Area 51 and I'm trying to hook up my U-7135 to it. Any chance you guys might just come out with an upgraded DSP that connects via USB to USB?
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

Predator? no...

the trinity is usb/usb... and the inTune will be usb...

but predators will not be re-done to be usb, since they are being replaced by the inTune....

an issue I've seen a lot of people have is that they have a bad usb cable... try using a new/different usb cable and its drivers, see if that works...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
18forever

Post by 18forever »

I know the cable isn't bad because it works on my other computer, which isn't and will never be hooked up to the internet. I have loaded new croms on the other one no problem (XP 32 bit). So why won't this driver work on my new system with Win 7? I've just tried again installing and uninstalling the drive (Prolific V110) and I still get the code 1 service or name already in use. How soon before we might see this new programer hit the sales floor?
Merlin

Post by Merlin »

I had a problem using prolific driver posted on here.

I am using Windows 7 64bit
USB to Serial cable
Prolific 32 bit driver

Here is the driver solution I found.

Thread: DiabloSport U7158 latest software version?

Fast, simple, quick, easy and it worked the first time!
tomahawk

Post by tomahawk »

It did not work with my Radio Shack cable and Windows7 on my laptop.

I had to fire up the ancient desktop wiith XP and the cable provided drivers and it worked like a charm.
DodgeDan

Post by DodgeDan »

I'm trying to get the driver to work... nothing is working. Running Windows 7, I've tried every single link to every single driver that has been suggested. I've literally spent hours and hours and hours... I don't have any access to XP. Next step is going to be boxing it up and sending it back. I didn't spend $300.00 for this mess! Useless piece of plastic if it doesn't work...
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

Win 7 64 bit? Use the Vista driver. Theres a whole process required to make it work.
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

Here you go, courtesy of Jon:

here is the fix.

first off go to our website and download the windows vista driver.
install it.

reboot the computer and leave the usb to serial cable plugged in
go to start menu look for "my computer or computer"
right click it and go to properties.

then hardware - device manager.

Find the USb to serial cable most likely labeled" prolific usb to serial" or usb serial cable.

right click that and hit update drivers.

install from list or specific location. or browse my computer
dont search i will choose. or let me choose from a list.
scroll to ports if possible or click compatible hardware.
in the provided prolific cable drivers select the one labeled" prolific usb to serial comm port version 3.3.2.105

that should show up after you have installed the vista drivers and restarted your computer

This fix is for windows 7 64bit.
other versions of windows please click on this link www.diablosport.com/drivers then install it. once done installing remove the cable and reinsert. If it asks your to restart do so now and while restarting remove the cable from the computer.

when windows is fully booted up plug the cable back in and see if you get a successfull install message. if not try fix above.
DodgeDan

Post by DodgeDan »

Holy crap... I figured out how to do the same exact thing you just posted, but it took me hours!!! I ended up doing the same thing you wrote, but had to figure it out myself. Thanks anyways though! I just finished installing my first tune. Now tomorrow I'll see if if it was all worth it!!!