Sprint + i3 = ?

All General Questions can be posted here

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

lylknutsak

Sprint + i3 = ?

Post by lylknutsak »

So I'm looking at buying a tuner for my 2015 GMC Sierra 4.3L V6. The new Intune i3 does not support disabling the AFM on the V6 but does on the V8. If I purchase the Sprint Module, will it work in tandem with the i3?
I was told on other forums that I could purchase the older i1000 and it will support disabling the AFM. Any truth to that?
mikel

Re: Sprint + i3 = ?

Post by mikel »

i3 should have AFM disable for the 4.3. If not I can do it for you in a custom tune, just make sure to get the i3 platinum.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
lylknutsak

Post by lylknutsak »

Awesome! Thank you. :D
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

yeah, you need the inTune i3 8245 Platinum
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
lylknutsak

Post by lylknutsak »

ordered!
lylknutsak

Post by lylknutsak »

Just an update:
I'm using the Diablo Tune with great results. Shell 93 octane fuel with a bottle of Lucas on every fill.
I disabled the AFM and Torque Management. Increased my throttle response to the maximum 20%. Changed the transmission to Firm Shift. Those are the only things I changed myself that I can think of. Down shifting 4-3 and 3-2 are still "hard." Was hoping that disabling the AFM would take care of that. Thanks GM!
It's like someone swapped my engine out. You can really feel the torque. And I'm getting 2 MPGs better than before.
Is there anything else you guys suggest for maximum performance?
I'm a 0-60 kind of guy. I plan on messing with the WOT settings overtime unless someone has some track tested numbers to start off with.

Next add-ons in a few weeks will be the K&N CAI and some 2" drop shackles. Waiting for more companies to make exhaust components for this engine. Mainly headers.
mikel

Post by mikel »

sounds like you are on the right track, enjoy.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com