ADVANCED TUNING HELP?????

All General Questions can be posted here

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

2016BlackRam

ADVANCED TUNING HELP?????

Post by 2016BlackRam »

I will be installing the 93 octane canned tune today on my 16' Hemi Ram with 8spd. Diablo advertises 33hp gain on the 93 octane tune. Has anyone played with advanced tunes and made any gains? If you did what did you do?
mikel

Re: ADVANCED TUNING HELP?????

Post by mikel »

Its unlikely that you'll find more power than we did on a stock truck, but you can certainly try. Just be sure to do it on a dyno or at the track and datalog everything so you can see what changes need to be made.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
2016BlackRam

Post by 2016BlackRam »

I HAVE COLD AIR INTAKE, MUFFLER, 3.92 GEARS, 160* TSTAT, AGS DELETE. HOW CAN A CUSTOMER TUNER PULL SO MUCH MORE OUT OF A "STOCK TRUCK" AS YOU PUT IT AND ME NOT GET ANYMORE OUT OF ADVANCED TUNE? JUST CURIOUS?
mikel

Post by mikel »

well, even the custom tuner will want a datalog to base the changes on. Also, much of what they are doing is more in depth than what the tuner offers in terms of adjustment capability.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
2016BlackRam

Post by 2016BlackRam »

MIKE, I RECEIVED MY PCM AND TRIED TO TUNE THE TRUCK. I HIT THE TUNE ICON AND IT GETS STUCK IN THE PLEASE WAIT MODE FOR ALMOST AN HOUR. I ALSO TRIED TO READ CODES AND IT DOES THE SAME THING. I HAD A BATTERY CHARGER ON IT AT SAME TIME SO THE VOLTAGE WAS GOOD. ANY IDEAS?
mikel

Post by mikel »

2016BlackRam wrote:MIKE, I RECEIVED MY PCM AND TRIED TO TUNE THE TRUCK. I HIT THE TUNE ICON AND IT GETS STUCK IN THE PLEASE WAIT MODE FOR ALMOST AN HOUR. I ALSO TRIED TO READ CODES AND IT DOES THE SAME THING. I HAD A BATTERY CHARGER ON IT AT SAME TIME SO THE VOLTAGE WAS GOOD. ANY IDEAS?
save this to the i3 drive and let it import the file then try again, it should be fine.
Attachments
Vehicle-2t01ya.itf
(1.78 MiB) Downloaded 527 times
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
2016BlackRam

Post by 2016BlackRam »

Thanks Mike! That fixed it. Can you tell me how to lower the efan settings to coincide with my fan clutch delete and 160* thermostat?
I would like to set it around 190-192* and would like to also raise rev limiter to 6000 rpm.
CharmP

Post by CharmP »

And does the download link work?
I can not click on it.
You can please repeat.I also really need it. :?
Thanks in advance
"The first time you blow someone away is not an insignificant event. That said, there are some a--holes in the world that just need to be shot. There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim." - Gennry Jons