Board index DiabloSport Community General Questions Factory/Mopar warranty invalidation question.

Factory/Mopar warranty invalidation question.

All General Questions can be posted here

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

Does the i3 + PCM swap invalidate the factory or Mopar extended service plan? This is all that is preventing me from buying the package from you as there is no way I could afford to lose either warranty. Thank you from Texas!

Its gonna void the warranty on the PCM definitely. Other things are less clear. If the PCM causes a direct problem it could void the coverage on the engine and engine electronics as well. But thats the way all aftermarket items work. If they directly cause a problem, then the coverage on related hardware is gone. HOWEVER, the dealer/manufacturers must prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the aftermarket part directly caused the failure. Burden of proof is on them, and you need to be willing to fight them legally.
Look up the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. That's the law and it explains everything.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it unless you have a Hellcat. Then I might due to all the blower failures I keep hearing about. Otherwise, just go for it. Mag-Moss covers us. I even mod leases. If the manufacturers want to try something, I know the law and am willing to fight for my rights.
2017 BMW X3 xDrive35i
BMS Stage 1, aFe Drop in.

2000 Ford F150 SVT Lightning #3990 of 4966
2.3L Kenne Bell and JLP plenum waiting for install, FBO. Not running right.

2018 Chevy Equinox LT 2.0T
K&N Drop-in

2015 BMW 335i GT #1 of 1, as equipped
MPPK FBO.
404whp, 435wft/lbs

Never had a case of a customer claiming they lost warranty coverage due to the tune or mod pcm.

You can always remove the mod pcm and put the stock one back before going to the dealer...
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

Return to General Questions