Noobie to tuning questions

All General Questions can be posted here

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

lmchantres

Noobie to tuning questions

Post by lmchantres »

I have a '18 Challenger TA 5.7L and am planning on upgrading throttle body from stock 80mm to either 85 or 90mm. Also possibly adding a spacer. Everything I've read says I should re-tune if I add these mods but have no idea what to do when it comes to tuning. Any advice on best tuner for this and how to do it would be greatly appreciated to get the best performance. Thanks
mikel

Re: Noobie to tuning questions

Post by mikel »

Well, some people bolt on throttle bodies and need no changes, some add them and require a new tune, so theres really no way to say for sure.
If it doesn't run right, you'll need a custom tune.

I will start by asking, do you believe your factory TB is a restriction? Because if its not, going larger doesn't accomplish anything power wise ;)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

Theres no restriction in the stock Hemi TB. The 5.7, 6.1 and 6.4 all use the same one, so if its good enough for the 392, its more than good enough for the 5.7. Even my 11 second Jeep SRT8 made next to nothing with a larger TB. You'll get a slight increase in throttle response, then the computer will learn and thats gone too. A spacer is a complete and utter waste as well. They do absolutely nothing for fuel injected motors.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
smackdownsrt

Post by smackdownsrt »

lmchantres wrote:possibly adding a spacer.

:lol:
...to be supported by Diablosport...