diablo tuning cmr

This section of the forum is for discussion relating to the use of the T2 EX tuner/monitor on GM vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

dynajohn

diablo tuning cmr

Post by dynajohn »

I purchased my Diablo Trinity 2 several weeks ago with a tune for my Corvette C7 ZO6. According to the Diablo website there are 6 CMR GM certified tuning sites within 75 miles of my location. I contacted 5 of the shops listed and not 1 of them tunes Diablo and is GM certified. The only tune available for me on the canned tunes that is appropriate is the 93 octane tune (at least that is what I think it is) as the other two tunes that are listed are the 91 octane tune and custom tunes. This is rather frustrating for me as I already have bolt on mods (ported throttle body, mid pipes, AFE intake) and I intend to change the lower blower drive pulley to a + 18%. I don't blame Diablo for this other than they don't have accurate information on the website for CMR certified tuners. I should have done more research on the local dyno tuners in my area before buying the Trinity 2. I feel this software is capable of doing a good custom tune on my ZO6 but no quality dyno tuner in my area wants to tune with Diablo & CMR. They use HP Tuners instead. This is not a riff on Diablo which is primarily aimed at people that want canned easy to install tuning but if they want to broaden the use of their product with people that mod they're cars CMR needs to be more available and attractive to dyno tuners. This is what my dyno tuner and another reputable dyno tuner in my area said about why they do not dyno tune Diablo (one is a multi brand tuner and the other only tunes Ford).
1. The software is expensive (different versions for each manufacturer). To much front end investment
2. The software is not as flexible as HP Tuners.
3. It takes longer to tune with the Diablo CMR software. Every change has to first be downloaded to the Diablo and then again downloaded to the car.

This is not me saying this but is the general impression of experienced tuners around here I have talked to. Why invest thousands of dollars upfront for the Diablo CMR software when other tuning platforms provide it free and their customers willingly pay the software license fee for a tune.

Does anyone on here have personal experience with a competent Diablo GM certified dyno shop within 300 miles of Louisville KY. I ask this because I feel I can not depend on the shops listed on the Diablo web site as 4 out of the 5 of the listed CMR GM tuners did not do Diablo dyno tunes. After checking on the 4 closest shops listed I got disgusted and didn't go any further. Thought I would check on here first.
mikel

Re: diablo tuning cmr

Post by mikel »

sorry to hear about this experience, we'll have to go through and clean up the list.

The mods you list here dont warrant a dyno tune, I might suggest working with diablew for a custom email tune to dial that in perfectly.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
mikel

Post by mikel »

can you tell me what ZIP code you used?
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
dynajohn

Post by dynajohn »

My zip is 40241, this is Louisville KY. There are 2 shops listed as GM CMR Tuners that are true high performance tuners. (Blankenship Tuning in Shelbyville KY & Paul's Automotive Engineering in Cincinnati Ohio). Both of these shops specialize in Ford products. Blankenship told me by e-mail he could not dyno tune my ZO6 using Diablo. Paul's Automotive Engineering has not answered my inquiry. Of the others listed as GM CMR tuners Rymertuned in New Albany Ind. is no longer in business, Automation in Louisville KY. did not answer affirmatively that they could tune my car with Diablo CMR software, Moab Offroad in Louisville does not GM tune with CMR and has no Dyno, they are a Jeep service & parts shop, MD Speed in Newport Ky. does not answer the phone and I could not find any trace of them on the internet, Lucky's offroad in Lexington is not a high performance shop they sell & install Jeep & truck parts.

Edit: Paul's Automotive Engineering in Cincinnati does not do GM CMR tuning as listed on the web site. :(

I bought my Diablo Tuner through diablew with a tune from him. However he stipulated he did not fool with the boosted sections of the tune on cars like mine that had aftermarket bolt ons installed. The reason I turned to Diablo should be obvious when I tell you that there are two years of warranty left on the car. I intend to purchase a 2nd Diablo tune for my 2016 Chevrolet Silverado and use my tuning credit with diablew on that vehicle. You guys develop your tunes on a dyno and I believed there were dyno tuners using CMR to custom tune cars that I could turn to for the ZO6 Corvette. I am not looking for just good enough on the ZO6 I am looking for a custom tune on a dyno from a competent tuner using CMR software. The modifications I listed are likely not the last I will do and that is one reason I want the flexibility of using a custom dyno tuner not only now but in the future. If that is not possible I am not out anything except a lot of wasted time as I can use the Trinity and diablew to tune the Silverado truck. Surely you can refer me to a custom dyno tuner you know is competent to tune with CMR. :?: :?: :?:

Respectfully
John
dynajohn

Post by dynajohn »

Don't know if you guys are discussing CMR dyno tuners internally and that is the reason for no reply to my request for a CMR dyno tuner you trust or not. I am not trolling your site, I genuinely want to work with you. I am a long time member of the Corvette Forum and several other forums for high performance cars. I have not posted anything concerning this on any online forum concerning Diablo and will not do so in the future. Before posting this subject on this forum I reached out to Diablo directly with questions about what was required to get the CMR software and didn't get a referral for a CMR dyno tuner. If you want to discuss this directly give me a phone number or e-mail and I will provide you with contact info.
mikel

Post by mikel »

Please check with one of our CMR calibratores Mike, at TPC tuning.
https://tpctuning.com/

He can get you going for sure.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
dynajohn

Post by dynajohn »

Thank you, I went to the web-site and left a message outlining what I wanted.