Trouble compensating for ring and pinion upgrade.

This section of the forum is for discussion relating to the use of the T2 EX tuner/monitor on GM vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

Highroller

Trouble compensating for ring and pinion upgrade.

Post by Highroller »

2004 Chevy SSR with Diablo canned tune. Upgraded differential from 3.73 to 4.10. Changed parameters for the gears and set the tire height to 22. Speedometer is way off and I'm getting ABS and brake warning lights. Yet brakes work fine.
Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks
Brett
06MonteSS

Re: Trouble compensating for ring and pinion upgrade.

Post by 06MonteSS »

set the gear ratio to the correct setting..

then you just need to adjust the tire height/diameter setting until your speedo is correct/ABS light goes off...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Highroller

Post by Highroller »

Thanks, I.m still working at it One thing I did wrong, was forgot to turn the ignition off before entering the tune section.
DeathStar6

Post by DeathStar6 »

I am a brand new purchaser of the T2 EX and having the same problem with a 2004 Chevy Avalanche 2500 HD with a 8.1 engine. My question is that no matter what tire size I put in and save it - it always reverts to 00.00.

But the gear ratio is saved correctly to the new ratio and when I am driving around 20 mph it says I am driving over 150 mph and engine operates irrationally. But no ABS warnings.

I will also add I have been doing ‘check updates’ everyday I have had it and I have gotten about 100 successful update messages for every check update I requested - is that even possible?

So far, I have not been able keep any tune changes without my vehicle acting like it has lost its mind.

Any suggestions?

Yes the ignition is off when entering tune mode.
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

Anything aftermarket installed in the vehicle? i.e did not come from the factory?

You need to make sure anything aftermarket is disconnected/pull the fuse for - anything like aftermarket stereo, subs, amps, nav, alarm, remote start, seat heaters, trailer brake/light setup, etc.. anything like that, their wiring harnesses need to be disconnected/pull the fuses for it before you try to tune anything...

also make sure everything is turned off inside the truck.. lights, radio, heat/fan/blower, do not operate power windows, put your parking brake on, etc...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
DeathStar6

Post by DeathStar6 »

The only after market items on the truck are mechanical; like cold air and exhaust system.

I don’t have any of the stero / sounds things most people add. This is my SHTF big bugout truck.

Yeah, I had my phone plugged in to charge and the defrost on.

What your thought on the continuous updates? Is there that many?

I try and let you know...
DeathStar6

Post by DeathStar6 »

Well, I tried making sure everything was off an started from scratch and attempted just changing the gears and not tire size and made it drive and break much worse. Then tired tire size only - no change. Lastly I tried a bigger than I have tire size and for the first time it saved the even number 34.

It seams my problem is that the tire size keeps defaulting to zero even when it says new tire size saved.

Is there any reason the T2 EX can not change a tire size or make it anything but 00.00 on a 2004 Chevy Avalanche 2500 HD with a 8.1L engine?

I can change the stock gear ratio all day long but can only set tire size back to factory tune or stores as 00.00 size.

Any suggestions?

I am new to Diablo, but not new to custom tuning - what is the issue here?
mikel

Post by mikel »

if you make the change then write the tune it should apply the change you entered, despite what it may display when you go back in there.
Its also possible there is a bug here.
Load the tune with the gears adjusted and then post the backup and last tune written files from the device here and we'll adjust for the tires if needed.

Will need to know how tall the tires are.
'

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Mfox0175

Post by Mfox0175 »

I need some advice on this have a 99 trans am switched gears and went from 16 to 17 on tires speedometer is off 22mph would greatly appreciate input thank you in advance