restoring stock tune problem 2016 Corvette Z06

This section of the forum is for discussion relating to the use of the T2 EX tuner/monitor on GM vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

dynajohn

restoring stock tune problem 2016 Corvette Z06

Post by dynajohn »

I posted this in the I2/I3 section incorrectly. I have a T2 EX which I purchased thru Diabloleu last summer. It installed a 93 octane tune without a problem in my 2016 Z06. Later I tried to purchase another tune and the T2 had problems communicating. I went online with the tuner to tech support and they could not resolve the issue. I was given a RMA # E166875 and returned the T2 to Powerteq for repair with a letter requesting that if they replaced or repaired the unit to make sure the stock tune for my C7 Z06 was in the return unit. The unit was returned with one note saying they had found nothing wrong but the unit was replaced and tested. The repair detail said they had replaced the display and the OBD11 cable so I don't know whether it was repaired or replaced. Tonight I tried to restore the stock tune in my Z06 before taking the car in to my dealer for a warranty appointment scheduled for Dec. 17th. I plugged the T2 into the Corvette's OBD11 and it powered up normally and the display came up on the main screen. I selected tuning and the screen came up with two selections not three. There was no selection for restore vehicle only selections for tune vehicle & custom tuning. Between the time the repaired T2 came back and now I purchased a second tune for my 2016 Silverado and have loaded that vehicle with a 93 octane tune and since had no problem experimenting with other tunes for the Silverado with no problems. I have not tried to restore the stock tune in the truck though. If this unit was returned without my stock tune that is going to be a big problem. I cannot try the tech support option for force restore or force calibration update without tech support getting involved and they are closed at this time and I don't know if they re-open before Monday. Any suggestions.
mikel

Re: restoring stock tune problem 2016 Corvette Z06

Post by mikel »

do you by chance have a copy of the stock tune saved to your pc?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com