2018 Chevy Silverado 5.3L V8

This section of the forum is for discussion relating to the use of the T2 EX tuner/monitor on GM vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

Woodwalker662

2018 Chevy Silverado 5.3L V8

Post by Woodwalker662 »

New to the scene so bare with me. I purchased a T2 for my 2018 Chevy Silverado with the 5.3L V8. I plugged it in and tried to choose the 87 octane tune and the MPG boost tune and neither worked. I talked to customer service and all he said was I needed to update it. Then I called back and he said I can choose from any tune I want to install and I told him I had no idea what to install. I’m trying to get a performance tune, MPG boost tune, and towing tune. I have larger tires and a S&B intake are the only mods. Can someone please give me the tunes or links or whatever I need to make my T2 work!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mikel

Re: 2018 Chevy Silverado 5.3L V8

Post by mikel »

what do you mean when you say neither one worked?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
06MonteSS

Re: 2018 Chevy Silverado 5.3L V8

Post by 06MonteSS »

Yep, normal.. 2017/2018/2019 vehicles require a special unlock sequence... so what will happen is, when you go to install a tune the first time, the tool will give you a message that "one or more controllers can not be tuned - Contacting powertech for vehicle unlock... you will be notified within 1-2 days" - or something similar to that effect.. so then in 1-2 days (usually within an hour though) you should receive an email (if you registered your tool on diablo's site) that your update is ready.. so then you'd run the Ignition Updater on the tool again, and it will update the tool with the unlock code for your ECM, and then you'd be able to tune the vehicle.

And there is no specific towing tune man.. not necessary.. you'd just install the 87 octane tune for 87/89 octane gas, or the Diablo Tune for 91/93 octane gas.. and when towing, you'd just use the tow/haul button on your dash like you normally would... that just tells the tranny to use different shifting settings, that's all it does.. there's no "towing" adjustments for the engine tune needed...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net