2018 Chevrolet Camaro SS2 6 Speed

This section of the forum is for discussion relating to the use of the T2 EX tuner/monitor on GM vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

lambocamaro1969

2018 Chevrolet Camaro SS2 6 Speed

Post by lambocamaro1969 »

Hello,

I just purchased the Trinity 2 (T2 EX) Platinum for 17+ GM.

I have installed a K&N 69 Typhoon CAI unit.

I realize that the automatic has the availability to have the shifting mapped for better performance.

My 2 questions are:

1. Will I have to get a specific tune to get the best effectiveness of the CAI?

2. Will I be able to control the throttle response through the T2 as I have read about the K&N Throttle control module? Or will I need to purchase both and get a specific tune that incorporates both

I love my car, but the stock setup has so much lag in the pedal response.

Very excited to play with the Tuner. It looks amazing compared to anything else I have seen out there.

Thanks for you help.
mikel

Re: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro SS2 6 Speed

Post by mikel »

1. No, CAI tunes are not generally required for most GM vehicles.
2. Yes, the tuner allows you to adjust throttle sensitivity.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
06MonteSS

Re: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro SS2 6 Speed

Post by 06MonteSS »

No, the 8-speed automatic tranny on the 2017+ camaro's can NOT be tuned at all.... only the engine can be tuned...

and yes, you'd want a custom tune done for the intake, better/more improvements over the preset canned tune for your cai, even better throttle response, etc...

Please send me an email at -- diablo DOT help AT gmail DOT com -- with the year, model, engine of your GM vehicle, any mods done to it, what octane gas you use, which diablo tool you have, etc.. and I can send you a loooong email with info about the custom tuning, the process, etc.

Thanks!
-Lew
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net