16 Fiesta ST "Failed to Tune"

This section of the forum is for discussion relating to the T2 tuner/monitor on Ford vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

DJPuncher

16 Fiesta ST "Failed to Tune"

Post by DJPuncher »

Good morning,

I have been trying to troubleshoot and install the 91 octane tune since 2/29/2020 without any luck. Prior to tuning I updated the device with the Ignition software on my computer and it updated a few files and then told me it was up to date. I plugged it into my car to tune, it said it needed more files for some of the PID's that I have, so I updated it again. Went back to my car to tune, it successfully backed up my stock tune, but failed to install the Diablo tune.

Yesterday (3/2/2020) I spoke with tech support and did a reset (disconnect battery, headlights on, hold brake for 5 min) then tried to restore stock tune without any luck. I worked with tech support for about 40 minutes trying to go through and get the tune to work. We did a registry reset, and then did another update (device called for it), then we got off the phone. I was told I should be good to go after the update, but after the update and attempting to tune again it still failed.

When the tune fails it causes a few CEL's and resets just about everything on the car settings except for the odometer.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to either get this resolved or get a refund. I would prefer to get this tune running!

Thank you.
mikel

Re: 16 Fiesta ST "Failed to Tune"

Post by mikel »

Have you been sending any files to the tech you worked with?
Like the runtime files?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
DJPuncher

Post by DJPuncher »

I can get them for you if needed. How do I do that?
mikel

Post by mikel »

email me the file called info.xml and the contents of the folder called runtime to mlitsch @ powerteq.com , remove the spaces.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
DJPuncher

Post by DJPuncher »

Emailed files.