No Daimler in "DCX" for many years now.

Please give us suggestions on how to serve you better!

Moderator: mikel

eric_h

No Daimler in "DCX" for many years now.

Post by eric_h »

Just a suggestion for moving forward on product naming and marketing, but since Cerberus took control of Chrysler and now Fiat there hasn't been a DaimlerChrysler for many years now. I could see marketing the older versions of the inTune, Predator, etc. that supports the older cars sold and developed in that era under the DCX moniker, but with the new inTune that supports only the MY'11+ cars it might be a good way to differentiate that it's a different product for different models if you used Chrysler, Mopar, Chrysler-Fiat or something other than DCX.
Mike_Levy

Re: No Daimler in "DCX" for many years now.

Post by Mike_Levy »

Nah, we all know them as DCX, they'll forever be DCX. The LX platform is still a DCX platform. They still use the antiquated Mercedes 5 speed transmission and 210/215 rear ends. If Chrysler won't leave the Daimler connection behind, why should anyone else?
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
eric_h

Post by eric_h »

No, the diehards who have been wrenching and tuning on the cars since before the merger would more readily refer to the cars as "Mopars" or simply "Chryslers". The old 5-speed is out for the new ZF unit, Mercedes didn't use the Chrysler engines, the basic chassis of the LX cars was developed in-house by Chrysler and by the logic that the LX cars used some suspension bits from Mercedes we might as well go the other way and state the M-Class is a Mopar since they used the Jeep-developed chassis. ;)

The main point of the post was that while "DCX" was a commonly used acronym for the company between '98-07 (mostly in the later portion of that period), it hasn't been used since then and unless you're the actual tuner or someone working on the cars, for general consumers buying a newer Chrysler product and happen to be shopping for a DiabloSport tuner it may not necessarily have any meaning. If anything it would be smart to start referring to them as "Chrysler-Fiat", especially if Fiat models using the same engine controllers get support and/or Chrysler starts shifting to those Magneti Marelli controllers and will (eventually/possibly) be supported by Diablo.
mikel

Post by mikel »

LOL, our competitors have adopted it as well...I see it sticking :)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
eric_h

Post by eric_h »

Well that's because they've essentially only been supporting DCX-era vehicles unlike Diablo. ;) Speaking of SCT, I did hear they've finally got someone working on the newer Chrysler products and enhancing support of the older cars and might *shock* finally offer data logging support for them six years after the first SRT-4 was released.

On a side note Mike, I'm not sure if you're still over on the srtforums but one of the guys working with said competitor mentioned they've cracked the tables for the Mopar Performance Stage 2 and 3 "with turbo toys" calibrations for the SRT-4 to adjust items like the high-octane race gas mode timing, etc. Did Diablo ever make any progress on that? I've got a quite a few people that still have the "w/toys" computers that might be interested.
mikel

Post by mikel »

eric_h wrote:Well that's because they've essentially only been supporting DCX-era vehicles unlike Diablo. ;) Speaking of SCT, I did hear they've finally got someone working on the newer Chrysler products and enhancing support of the older cars and might *shock* finally offer data logging support for them six years after the first SRT-4 was released.

On a side note Mike, I'm not sure if you're still over on the srtforums but one of the guys working with said competitor mentioned they've cracked the tables for the Mopar Performance Stage 2 and 3 "with turbo toys" calibrations for the SRT-4 to adjust items like the high-octane race gas mode timing, etc. Did Diablo ever make any progress on that? I've got a quite a few people that still have the "w/toys" computers that might be interested.
No, but Brian did just update all the SRT4 templates yesterday to add all the stuff the tuners have been asking for :)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com