U7198 Question, 2001 5.3 Silverado

Predator support for Ford gas vehicles

Moderator: mikel

joeyz71

U7198 Question, 2001 5.3 Silverado

Post by joeyz71 »

I've got one on the way to me. I'll be getting a custom tune for a few mods and a supercharger. What if I ever need to have my truck in the dealer for like a recall or something. Won't I need my stock factory tune installed for that. That could be fatal to my truck don't you think? A stock timing and fuel tune I think would cause a catastrophic failure. What to do?

Also, is the speed limiter on this 110 measly MPH for my truck like the diesel/Allison I read about earlier. My Hypertech (soon be be history) allows 128 mph.

Thanks again, Joe
johan

RE: U7198 Question, 2001 5.3 Silverado

Post by johan »

The 2001 model trucks do not have any current updates and have not had one for about 3 yrs now, I hardly doubt that there will be another one. In any case, if your truck did need an update, you can always restore the original backup and bring it to the dealer for the update, you would then have to retake the backup and send it to us for a new custom tune. Your particular truck with your setup will work ok with the stock tune in it, just dont rag on it.
We up the speed limiter to 155mph for our supercharged cals.
Johan< @ >DiabloSport.com
Diablosport INC
Research & Development

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, I am not sure about the former.