Updating Predator ... Download Problem

Predator support for Ford gas vehicles

Moderator: mikel

nofinga911

Updating Predator ... Download Problem

Post by nofinga911 »

ok i have the file to update my predator ...but now when i try to put it onto my predator i keep getting download canceled...i changed the com ports (tried them all) and installed the drivers for the usb cable....and im following the instructions, what am i doing wrong? and i set it to 115200
nofinga911

Post by nofinga911 »

come on guys this is rediculous i have had this thing for months and still have not been able to use it..
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

what program are you using to try and download it to your predator??

You need to use the Interface Installer, not the DS Downloader...

download and read all of the instructions/manuals that are also on the download page...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
nofinga911

Post by nofinga911 »

i just tried using the interface and it doesnt accept crom files....i'm trying to update my predator with a new rev. crom file....
cole

Re: Updating Predator ... Download Problem

Post by cole »

nofinga911 wrote:ok i have the file to update my predator ...but now when i try to put it onto my predator i keep getting download canceled...i changed the com ports (tried them all) and installed the drivers for the usb cable....and im following the instructions, what am i doing wrong? and i set it to 115200
We would like to give the best instructions to the customer but please read the sticky at the top of the forum.

OK first of all USB to serial cables to confirm the com port cable you will need to go to the Device manager. Under COM PORTS & LPT you will see your available com ports. Some times depending on the com ports that you have available (most cases Radio shack USB to serial COM 4) but i would double check. If you go to CONTROL PANEL under your START MENU you will see a computer that is called SYSTEM. SYSTEM PROPERTIES will open up in a window. There will be a HARDWARE TAB and a DEVICE MANAGER Button. When the Device manager button is clicked you will see the COM PORT LPT the is a [+] click it and it will become a [-] and see what available com ports are available.

If you do not see your USB cable under there then this means that the cable is not properly installed. You will find it under other devices

ON DSDL you will want to make sure that your using the correct com port and the baudrate of 115200 to update the predator.